DMACC Partnership Programs
Learn how DMACC partners with these universities to help you earn your four-year degree.
2+2 Program (Newton)
Des Moines Area Community College has an Articulation Agreement with Buena Vista University (BVU). The degree-completion program allows students to take evening or online classes that lead to a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Management, Elementary Education, Psychology, Human Services, or Business Administration (online) from Buena Vista University.
Drake Admission Partnership Program
The Drake Admission Partnership Program (DAPP) is for DMACC students who attend at least a year before transferring to Drake University to complete their bachelor's degree. DAPP includes guaranteed admission to Drake and transfer support after successful completion of DMACC coursework. Visit the DAPP website for details.
Drake also has an Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) articulation agreement with Iowa community colleges. Admitted transfer students with an AA or AS degree from an Iowa community college who have at least 60 semester credits acceptable for transfer and a minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average will enter Drake University having fulfilled the Drake Curriculum general education requirements with the exception of the Senior Capstone requirement in the student’s major(s) area of study.
If you have questions about transferring to Drake University, please contact Rachelle Setsodi at email@example.com.
DMACC partners with Grand Canyon University (GCU), headquartered in Phoenix, to offer transfer options to DMACC students/graduates who wish to continue their education online or in person.
GCU, Arizona’s premier private Christian university, offers 299 academic programs with over 250 online programs across nine colleges. Students can earn a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in some of the fastest growing career fields.
Every student receives one-on-one counseling support, including a complimentary pre-evaluation to review transcripts, determine transfer credits, and develop a personalized graduation plan. Using GCU’s net price calculator, students can get an upfront estimate on their investment, as well as transparent guidance on their financial obligations and options. Scholarship opportunities, student support resources, innovative learning experiences, and faith-integrated curriculum help students achieve their goals and grow into servant leaders.
Des Moines Area Community College graduates are eligible for a 10% scholarship off tuition.
Learn more at: gcu.edu/dmacc
Grand View has an Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) agreement with Iowa community colleges. Admitted transfer students with an AA or AS degree from an Iowa community college who have a minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average will enter Grand View University having completed the Grand View core/general education requirements except for the Core Seminar requirement and potentially a math and composition course depending on the student’s final grade or course selected.
If you have questions about transferring to Grand View University, please contact Autumn Luce at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer Resource Initiative (TRI)
Under the new Transfer Resource Initiative (TRI) program, you’ll enjoy the benefits of being a student at both schools while you complete your first two years of college at DMACC. At the end of two years, you can earn an Associate’s Degree, then move on to Grand View University to complete your Bachelor’s Degree in as little as two additional years.
Grand View University has teamed up with DMACC to create a new 2+2 paralegal program. Start in DMACC's Paralegal Program and then seamlessly advance into Grand View's outstanding Paralegal Studies Program to earn your bachelor's degree.
DMACC has a new transfer agreement with Grinnell College, allowing qualified students
to consider transferring to the private four-year, liberal-arts college.
This agreement provides a number of unique benefits including, application counseling to maximize the chances of admission to Grinnell, an invitation to an exclusive pre-application orientation program and an opportunity for admitted students to earn both a DMACC Associate Degree and a Grinnell College Bachelor’s Degree. DMACC is the first two-year college to sign a transfer agreement with Grinnell College.
Students participating in the DMACC-ISU Connect program experience a smooth and successful transition to Iowa State University. Benefits of the program include personalized mentoring, dedicated ISU housing, academic advising and guaranteed admission to ISU, provided all program requirements are met.
After earning your Associate’s Degree at DMACC, Purdue University Global may discount
your tuition by 20%, while you pursue your Bachelor’s Degree at Purdue University.
Purdue University Global offers an accelerated program, where you can earn your Bachelor’s
Degree in as little as 15 additional months.
Purdue University Global is an extremely military friendly school and offers a substantial tuition discount to active duty service members (Guard and Reserves included), veterans, DOD civilians, and their dependents. If you are looking for speed to a degree or a flexibility schedule Purdue University Global would be a great fit for you. CHAMPS – Certified Higher Academic Military Partner, Home Base Iowa (HBI).
Purdue University Global is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). HLC also accredits other schools in the area including the University of Iowa, Iowa State University, and Drake University just to name a few.
2+2 Program - AA to BA
Students who have earned an Associate in Arts degree at an accredited community college will have fulfilled the requirements of the Engaged Citizenship Curriculum (all general academic requirements) before starting at Simpson. Simpson has course articulation guides for Iowa community colleges which show how each class will transfer to Simpson. Credit evaluations are generated quickly upon request and are automatically completed for prospective students and applicants. For additional information on transfer credits, contact our Transfer Admissions Counselor at email@example.com
University of Iowa Distance Education Degrees
- 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan is for students who want to earn an associate in arts degree at DMACC before transferring to The University of Iowa to earn a bachelor's degree. The plan connects you with University of Iowa advisors early on so you take the right courses at the right time to complete both degrees in a total of four years. Because of the 2 Plus 2 graduation guarantee, only certain majors at Iowa are eligible for the 2+2 plan.
- The Bachelor of Applied Studies (BAS) program is designed for graduates of community college (AA, AS, or AAS degrees) who wish to complete a bachelor’s degree but, for a variety of reasons, cannot engage in traditional on-campus study.
- The Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) program is designed to serve adults who, for a variety of reasons, might not otherwise be able to attend college as a full-time, on-campus student.
- The RN-BSN program is mostly online and is for associate degree and diploma-prepared RNs who are ready to expand their nursing skills and professional potential by earning the BSN.
- The BA in Social Work program prepares students for beginning generalist social work practice with individuals, families, small groups, organizations, and communities. The program gives students a base for a graduate education in social work. Students completing the 2+2 Social Work major through DMACC have the option of pursuing a BA completion program in Social Work in Des Moines.
For information about on campus programs at the Iowa Center for Higher Education, visit: A Big Ten education tailored for you.
Online Degree Completion Opportunities
Build upon the strong foundation of your DMACC associate’s degree by pursuing a UNI online bachelor’s degree from wherever you are*.
Our online degree completion programs include:
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) - A unique, tailored degree program to meet your interests and goals.
- For Associate of Applied Science (AAS) graduates:
- Managing Business & Organizations Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) - Focus on the development of knowledge and professional competencies needed to serve effectively in managerial and supervisory roles.
- Criminal Justice Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) - Develop a solid foundation for career advancement in the fields of criminal justice, including corrections, courts, policing, and private security.
- For Associate of Arts (AA) graduates:
- Elementary Education Bachelor of Arts* (BA) - Begin your career in teaching upon completion of this degree.
* In person meetings at a centrally-located DMACC campus are required for select courses.
Designed specifically for busy adult learners, these online programs are affordable, flexible, and relevant. Courses are taught by the same dedicated faculty who teach on campus, and students will be supported by an advisor who is available to provide personalized support every step of the way.
Transfer Connection Program
The Transfer Connection program is a coordinated plan between the University of Northern Iowa (UNI) and the Iowa community colleges. Transfer Connection assists students with a seamless transition from their community college to UNI by providing advising and resources from both the community college and UNI.
To receive the maximum benefit, students should apply for the program as early in their college career as possible. All 101 majors are available with the Transfer Connection program.
Benefits to participating in Transfer Connection:
- Guaranteed admission to UNI, provided all requirements are met
- Timely progress toward graduation
- Academic advising provided by both the community college and UNI from the point of acceptance into the Transfer Connection program
- Transcripts from the Iowa community college are sent to UNI automatically at the end of each semester and a degree audit provided
- Access to campus and student resources at UNI (Some resources require payment of the student activity and services fee.)
- Receipt of updated college materials and information about campus events and opportunities
How to apply:
Students interested in the Transfer Connection program should sign up as early as possible in their college careers, as it is most beneficial to students who enroll before completing their first year at the community college.
All interested students should complete a Transfer Connection form.
Transfer plans are available that will assist students planning to transfer to the University of Northern Iowa. These consist of recommendations based on your chosen major and classes offered at DMACC.
DMACC offers articulation agreements with William Penn for
- AA to BA (2+2),
- AAS to BATS (Bachelor of Arts in Technical Studies), and
- RN to BSN
William Penn offers free transfer credit evaluation and pre-advising services through the Registrar’s Office. There are no application fees. William Penn’s campus is located in Oskaloosa, but also offers online classes and evening classes in Johnston.
After earning your Associate Degree at DMACC, you can transfer seamlessly into one of WGU's articulated degrees in Business, IT, K-12 Education or Healthcare, including nursing. WGU offers affordable, fully online, competency-based education programs, which give you flexibility and control over your education as well as the opportunity to accelerate.
DMACC graduates can also apply for the Community College Partners Scholarship worth up to $2,000.
WGU is proud to play our part in supporting our military and veterans. For 10 years running, Military Advanced Education & Transition has named WGU one of the nation's “Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities."
WGU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Regional accreditation is the highest from of accreditation. In addition, WGU holds program-specific accreditations within K-12 education, healthcare, and business and has won several IT awards.
Learn more by visiting www.wgu.edu/iacc, where you can register for a Transfer Made Easy webinar.
Explore our many Transfer Pathways.
These are just a few of our scholarship opportunities; visit our Scholarships page for a complete list.
- Year of You Scholarship: Valued at up to $2,500. Apply by March 31, 2023
- Learn Where You Live Scholarship: Valued at up to $3,000. Apply by June 30, 2023
- I have a Dream Scholarship: Valued at up to $4,000. Apply by June 30, 2023
- Empowering Midwestern Communities: Valued at up to $2,500. Apply by July 21, 2023
- Rise Above Grant: Valued at up to $4,000. Apply by June 30, 2023
- Community College Partners Scholarship: Valued at up to $2,500. Ongoing
WGU provides a unique educational experience, offering online, competency-based bachelor's and master's degree programs in business, information technology, education, and health professions, including nursing. Our programs are designed to fit the busy lives – and often tight budgets – of working students.
Anyone interested in speaking with an Enrollment Counselor, can complete this inquiry form and an Enrollment Counselor will contact them.
Under a special agreement, a limited number of students may enroll in one class each semester with no tuition at Drake University, Grand View University, and Iowa State University.