Giving to DMACC
Whether you’re providing annual support, funding a specific scholarship or remembering DMACC in your estate plans, you can be a part of delivering quality education and training through your charitable giving.Donate Online
Planned giving is an instrument that can reduce your taxable estate and create your DMACC legacy. By including DMACC in your estate plans, you deliver on a promise that DMACC’s values will continue for generations. Learn more about leaving a legacy to DMACC.
Establishing a scholarship through the DMACC Foundation is one way you can assist students and leave a legacy to the College. It's also a very meaningful way to honor family and friends. As a scholarship donor, you choose the name of the scholarship as well as the criteria. Below is a guide to establishing a scholarship at the DMACC Foundation.
- Determine the level of support you wish to provide.
- Annual scholarships begin at $1,000 and are funded on a year-by-year basis by the donor(s). The Foundation asks donors to make a five-year commitment when establishing a new annual scholarship.
- Endowed scholarships support themselves in perpetuity. The initial gift is invested, and the scholarship awards are determined each year by the DMACC Foundation.
- The minimum investment for an endowed scholarship is $25,000.
- Other scholarships may be awarded for one or two years from a specific donation.
- Determine the focus of your scholarship.
- Foundation staff will assist you in developing the scholarship criteria. Criteria might include a specific program, academic standing or financial need.
- Scholarships can be named in honor or memory of an individual or organization.
- Sign a scholarship agreement with the DMACC Foundation.
- Make your gift.
Gifts of publicly traded securities, closely held stocks and mutual funds can not only benefit DMACC, but can also be structured in ways that will be extremely beneficial to you by minimizing taxes. If you are considering making a gift from your securities portfolio, it is important that you arrange for a direct transfer of your securities to DMACC and not sell (or instruct your broker to sell) the securities first. To assure a smooth transfer, please contact the DMACC Foundation at (515) 964-6229 or email@example.com.
Gifts to the DMACC Foundation may be made in memory of or in honor of a loved one. Gifts may be designated by:
- Contributing funds to an existing scholarship.
Creating an annual or endowed scholarship.
- Supporting the area of greatest need.
- Directing funds to the Foundation's Endowment in your loved one's name.
Visit "Making Your Gift" below for more information.
If you are tasked with making arrangements for your loved one, below is optional wording that may be used for the obituary.
- In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Des Moines Area Community College Foundation (2006 S Ankeny Blvd, Bldg. 22, Ankeny, IA 50023 or by calling 515-964-6229).
- The family suggests memorial contributions be made to the Des Moines Area Community College Foundation (2006 S Ankeny Blvd, Bldg. 22, Ankeny, IA 50023 or by calling 515-964-6229).
- Memorial contributions may be made to the Des Moines Area Community College Foundation (2006 S Ankeny Blvd, Bldg. 22, Ankeny, IA 50023 or by calling 515-964-6229).
The optional language can be modified to include a specific scholarship name or area of greatest need. Please contact the DMACC Foundation at 515-964-6229 to discuss options to honor and memorialize your loved one.
Please make the check payable to the DMACC Foundation and send to:
2006 S. Ankeny Blvd., Bldg. 22
Ankeny, IA 50023.
NOTE: If you want to designate your gift to a specific scholarship, program or campus, OR if the gift is being made in memory of an individual, please list that information in the memo line of the check.
If you wish to give by phone, please call 515-964-6229.
Online donations can be made via our secure giving form.
NOTE: If you want to designate your gift to a specific scholarship, program or campus, OR if the gift is being made in memory of an individual, please list that information in the "Comments" section of the online form.
Are you ready to establish a scholarship or have questions? Take the next step and contact the DMACC Foundation at 515-964-6447 or firstname.lastname@example.org.