Online Degree Completion Opportunities
Build upon the strong foundation of your DMACC associate’s degree by pursuing a UNI online bachelor’s degree from wherever you are*.
Our online degree completion programs include:
Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) - A unique, tailored degree program to meet your interests and goals.
- For Associate of Applied Science (AAS) graduates:
- For Associate of Arts (AA) graduates:
* In person meetings at a centrally-located DMACC campus are required for select courses.
Designed specifically for busy adult learners, these online programs are affordable, flexible, and relevant. Courses are taught by the same dedicated faculty who teach on campus, and students will be supported by an advisor who is available to provide personalized support every step of the way.
More information about these programs
Transfer Connection Program
The Transfer Connection program is a coordinated plan between the University of Northern Iowa (UNI) and the Iowa community colleges. Transfer Connection assists students with a seamless transition from their community college to UNI by providing advising and resources from both the community college and UNI.
To receive the maximum benefit, students should apply for the program as early in their college career as possible. All 101 majors are available with the Transfer Connection program.
Benefits to participating in Transfer Connection:
- Guaranteed admission to UNI, provided all requirements are met
- Timely progress toward graduation
- Academic advising provided by both the community college and UNI from the point of acceptance into the Transfer Connection program
- Transcripts from the Iowa community college are sent to UNI automatically at the end of each semester and a degree audit provided
- Access to campus and student resources at UNI (Some resources require payment of the student activity and services fee.)
- Receipt of updated college materials and information about campus events and opportunities
How to apply:
Students interested in the Transfer Connection program should sign up as early as possible in their college careers, as it is most beneficial to students who enroll before completing their first year at the community college.
All interested students should complete a
Transfer Connection form.
Transfer plans are available that will assist students planning to transfer to the University of Northern Iowa. These consist of recommendations based on your chosen major and classes offered at DMACC.
UNI Transfer Website