2+2 Program (Ankeny, Boone and Carroll Campuses)
The University of Northern Iowa (UNI) and DMACC offer an Elementary Education Bachelors degree opportunity through a 2+2 program. Students take two years of classes at DMACC and three years of classes through UNI. UNI faculty teach all UNI classes either at DMACC, face-to-face or via distance education (ICN, WebCT).
UNI Bachelor's Degree
» The University of Northern Iowa (UNI) and DMACC also offer a Social Science Teaching Bachelor's degree.
Get additional information here.
Admissions Partnership Program (APP)
Students admitted to DMACC who plan to pursue a bachelor's degree at the University of Northern Iowa (UNI) can now sign up for the Admissions Partnership Program to streamline the transfer process. Students accepted into the Admissions Partnership Program while enrolled at DMACC benefit from:
- Guaranteed admission to UNI, provided all requirements are met.
- Timely progress toward graduation. With the exception of some UNI programs, participation enables students who stay on track to begin at DMACC and graduate from UNI in a total of eight semesters.
- Option to lock-in bachelor's degree requirements with the same status as a student who enrolls directly at UNI as an entering freshman.
- Academic advising at both DMACC and UNI from the point of acceptance in to the APP.
- Early orientation and scheduling for the first semester at UNI.
- Guaranteed placement in UNI housing, provided the student complies with established residence policies and application procedures and deadlines.
- Access to UNI campus and student resources.
- Receipt of updated UNI materials and information about campus events and opportunities.
- Updated DMACC transcripts automatically sent to UNI at the end of each semester.
Students who want to be a part of the DMACC/UNI Admissions Partnership Program must enroll at DMACC as a degree-seeking student in a program appropriate for the transfer and then apply to the program.
UNI Admissions Partnership Program
Transfer plans are available that will assist students planning to transfer to the University of Northern Iowa. These consist of recommendations based on your chosen major and classes offered at DMACC.
UNI Transfer Website