The Warren County Career Academy at Southridge provides state-of-the-art career and technical training and college credit to high school students from five Warren County school districts - Carlisle, Indianola, Martensdale St. Mary's, Norwalk and Southeast Warren, and some Marion County schools as well. The Academy allows students to explore possible career fields and earn college credits at no cost to the student.
Programs Available Include:
Ag Business -
Building Trades -
Business & Marketing
What are Career Academies?
Career Academies have become used widely to engage high school students and prepare them for successful transitions to post~secondary education and employment. They are organized as small learning communities which combine academic and technical curricula around a career theme, and establish partnerships with local employers to provide work~based learning opportunities.
DMACC's Career Academies
DMACC and area high schools have formed a partnership to offer high school students opportunities to earn college credit. Juniors and seniors are able to enroll in and complete DMACC courses at DMACC campuses.
- Career Academy courses supplement high school courses
- DMACC course competencies, course materials and textbooks are used in the classroom
- Courses are the same quality as the courses taught on college campus
- Instructors are certified through DMACC
- DMACC Academies serve over 1,000 students annually
Career Academy Advantages
- Students earn free college credit and experience while still in high school.
- Students gain experiences that lead directly to degrees, diplomas, certificates and/or apprenticeships.
- Students gain hands-on training in an area of personal interest.
- Career/technical programs give students excellent opportunities to explore career options before leaving high school.
- Career/technical programs are equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- Students enter the workforce with marketable skills.
- There is no cost to the high school student to enroll in dual-credit courses.
- Students save time and money with the chance to get an early start on college.
Complete Your Online Registration