Transferring Military Credits to DMACC

You were probably told by your recruiter that you could earn college credits while in the military. Every course, class or other training you participated in while serving has been recorded in your military transcripts. Once you have applied for admissions and DMACC receives your transcripts from the appropriate agency, Credentials will evaluate them for relevance to the degree or diploma you are seeking here. For information on transferring military credits to DMACC, go to

When you are using VA education benefits, your school is required to review your military transcripts and evaluate them for possible transfer of credits. As with all education transcripts, these must be sent to DMACC officially - you cannot hand carry them to the college. To have your military transcripts sent to DMACC, contact the appropriate agency from the following list and request that your transcripts be sent to: Office of Credentials, Des Moines Area Community College, 2006 South Ankeny Blvd., Ankeny, IA 50023:


Community College of the Air Force
CCAF Registrar
139 Maxwell Blvd.
Maxwell, AFB, AL 36112-6655


AARTS Operation Center
415 McPherson Avenue
Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027
Phone: 913-684-3269
FAX: 913-684-2011


Sailor/Marine American Council
On Education Registry Transcript