The Iowa Culinary Institute's Baking and Pastry Arts program is located at the DMACC Newton Campus.
As a Baking & Pastry Arts student, in only one year, you'll learn all of the secrets to becoming an outstanding bakery and pastry chef.
As a talented graduate you can become a skilled baking artisan, or continue on to earn your two-year Culinary Arts degree.
Baking Diploma Courses
- HCM100: Sanitation & Safety
- HCM116: Fundamentals of Baking
- HCM224: Artisan Breads
- HCM320: Intro to Hospitality Industry
- SPC101: Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- SDV108: The College Experience
- HCM130: Plated Desserts
- HCM231: Nutrition
- HCM347: International Pastries
- COM703: Communication Skills
- MGT145: Human Relations in Management
- MAT772: Applied Math
- HCM220: Chocolate and Sugar
- HCM221: Cake Decorating
- HCM510: Work Experience
If you would like more information about the Baking Diploma program, please contact: Jody Stiles, Academic Advisor, DMACC Newton Campus, 641-791-1722