The following items must be completed before you attend the first day of class:
- Attend an information session held each Monday or Thursday evening at 5 pm, at 2081 NE 54th Ave., Des Moines. Spouses and family members are encouraged to attend this meeting as well. Note: If you're out of state, call 1-800-35-DRIVE or 515-965-7450 to get an information packet.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Obtain a copy of Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). You can get this from the IA DOT Driver's License Station on Corporate Woods Dr. Cost is $5.50 in person or obtain on-line from the IA DOT website for $7.00 at https://mymvd.iowadot.gov/Account/Login. (You need the MVR prior to the first day of class.)
- Pass a D.O.T. physical (do not take drug screen, one will be given to you during the first week of class.) After May 21, 2014, you must get a DOT physical from an FMCSA certified physician. Certified clinics close to our location include:
Typical physical costs range from $70 to $75, and the clinics have the DOT physical forms on site.
||Concentra Medical Center|
||2100 Dixon, Suite E, Des Moines|
||Medix Occupational Health|
||1824 SW White Birch Circle, Ankeny|
- Present your actual Social Security Card. If you do not have the actual card, one can be obtained free of charge from the Social Security Office at 455 SW 5th St., Suite F, Des Moines. You WILL need this to apply for your CDL Learner's Permit, endorsements, and CDL license. Laminated cards are not accepted by the Iowa DOT.