1100 7th Street Building 1, Room 117
Des Moines, Iowa 50314
Contact: Kris Olds
Hours of Operation
- Monday thru Thursday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The URBAN Testing Center is closed when the campus is closed.
You must show a valid
PHOTO ID (driver's license, passport, military ID, etc.) to take
ANY test (DMACC or non-DMACC) with the Urban Campus Testing Center or remotely.
Schedule a test appointment by clicking on the
SIGN UP links below. If you are interested in taking an exam which is not listed, please email
On-Campus Testing at Urban:
Make-up tests for a DMACC class (know your instructor's name and have a photo ID). No appointment needed. Walk-ins welcome.
- If you have approved Accommodation on file with Disability Services, please reserve a date and time by completing your request:
Urban Test Center Accommodations
- A photo ID is required to take any test.
- Tests must be started at least two hours prior to closing and must be completed prior to leaving the testing center.
- Students taking college makeup tests are required to know the name of the instructor.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Prospective students who will be attending DMACC need to have an Application for Admission on file with Admissions at least 48 hours before taking the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Test.
- Distance testing is a service provided for non-DMACC students who wish to have their test proctored at a DMACC Testing Center. These outside testers are charged $20/test with one exception – if the tester attends an Iowa Community College and is taking an exam for a CREDIT course, the fee is waived due to a reciprocity agreement between all Iowa Community Colleges. All incurred fees are payable on the day of the exam.
- Children are prohibited in the Testing Center.
- No food or drinks allowed in the Testing Center.