1100 7th Street Building 1, Room 207
Des Moines, Iowa 50314
Contacts: Roberta Morgan
Testing Center Hours
Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM (CST)
Friday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM (CST)
- Tuesday, November 23rd - Close at 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 24th - Close at 12:00 pm
Thursday, November 25th - Closed
Friday, November 26th- Closed
- Closed Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 7:00 pm
thru Monday, January 3, 2022
- Opening Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
The URBAN Testing Center is closed on most US holidays and when the campus is closed.
Testing Center Updates
ACCUPLACER Remote Testing (Reading/Writing and ELL Placement)
To test remotely, students MUST have a desktop or laptop computer with a microphone and webcam, as well as Google Chrome installed. Remote testing may NOT be completed through a smartphone or tablet. Click here to schedule an ACCUPLACER testing appointment. (DMACC Students Only).
** Note: if you are required to take the ACCUPLACER for employment with a public school district, such as Des Moines Public Schools or the Ames Community School District, please click here.
We are also offering remote TEAS testing (on-site testing is available). This assessment is only for students in the Nursing, Vet Tech or Surgical Tech programs. It is recommended that students wait until they only have a few items remaining on their checklist to take the TEAS.
To test remotely, students MUST have a desktop or laptop computer with a microphone and webcam, as well as Google Chrome installed. Remote testing may NOT be completed through a smartphone or tablet. Click here to schedule a TEAS testing appointment for the Nursing or Surgical Tech program.
- Make up tests (know your DMACC instructor's last name)
- Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® (Reading and Writing)
- ELL (English Language Learner) ACCUPLACER Classic++
- CASAS testing for the DMACC Workforce Training Academy (WTA)
- DMACC Challenge tests (check for availability for particular courses)
- Online testing for DMACC classes
- Testing for other colleges and businesses
- HiSET testing (by appointment)
Pesticide Application Certification (examinees need to bring their login information for the testing site,
- Van Driver tests
- CNA Comp Exam
- ATI TEAS (Nursing, Vet Tech, and Surgical Tech ONLY by appointment)
- CLEP Exam (by appointment)
- Iowa Dental Board Exam (by appointment)
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR) (by appointment)
- ABMDI (by appointment)
- Typing Test for DMACC programs
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification (by appointment)
- Pre-Admission Exams for Chemistry I & II and Biology I & II (by appointment)
- A photo ID is required to take any test.
- Tests must be started at least two hours prior to closing and must be completed prior to leaving the testing center.
- Students taking college makeup tests are required to know the name of the instructor.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Prospective students who will be attending DMACC need to have an Application for Admission on file with Admissions at least 48 hours before taking the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Test.
- Distance testing is a service provided for non-DMACC students who wish to have their test proctored at a DMACC Testing Center. These outside testers are charged $20/test with one exception – if the tester attends an Iowa Community College and is taking an exam for a CREDIT course, the fee is waived due to a reciprocity agreement between all Iowa Community Colleges. All incurred fees are payable on the day of the exam.
- Children are prohibited in the Testing Center.
- No food or drinks allowed in the Testing Center.