1100 7th Street Building 1, Room 207
Des Moines, Iowa 50314
Contacts: Farfum Ladroma
Testing Center Hours
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Saturday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
-Every third Saturday of the month
All Testing Center services will CLOSE at 2 PM on Friday, December 20th for the end of FALL Term. The Testing Center will be CLOSED on Saturday, December 21st. Testing Center services will resume regular hours of operation starting Thursday, January 2, 2020 for the SPRING term.
The URBAN Testing Center is closed holidays and when campus is closed.
- Make up tests (know your DMACC instructor's last name)
- Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® (Reading and Writing)
- ELL (English Language Learner) ACCUPLACER Classic++
- DMACC Challenge tests (check for availability for particular courses)
- Online testing for DMACC classes
- Testing for other colleges and businesses
- HiSET testing
- Pesticide Application Certification (examinees need to bring their login information for the testing site, www.quia.com/web)
- Van Driver tests
- CNA Comp Exam
- ATI TEAS (by appointment)
- CLEP Exam (by appointment)
- Typing Test for DMACC programs
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Vet Tech Biology Test (HESI)
- Pre-Admission Exams for Chemistry I & II and Biology I & II
++To request a remote voucher for your DMACC Next-Generation ACCUPLACER or ELL Classic at a non-DMACC Testing Center site, please CLICK HERE.
To locate an Accuplacer Testing Center near you, CLICK HERE.
DMACC College makeup and Next-Generation ACCUPLACER tests given during regular day time hours. Please call to confirm evening and Saturday testing hours. 515-248-7218
HiSET testing Monday through Thursday 8 am - 7:00 pm. Registration for HiSET is done at the Zach Hamlett Building (515-248-7218)
Other colleges and university testing, please call to confirm testing hours. 515-248-7218
- A photo ID is required to take any test.
- Tests must be started at least two hours prior to closing and must be completed prior to leaving the testing center.
- Students taking college makeup tests are required to know the name of the instructor.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Prospective students who will be attending DMACC need to have an Application for Admission on file with Admissions at least 48 hours before taking the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Test.
- Distance testing is a service provided for non-DMACC students who wish to have their test proctored at a DMACC Testing Center. These outside testers are charged $20/test with one exception – if the tester attends an Iowa Community College and is taking an exam for a CREDIT course, the fee is waived due to a reciprocity agreement between all Iowa Community Colleges. All incurred fees are payable on the day of the exam.
- Children are prohibited in the Testing Center.
- No food or drinks allowed in the Testing Center.