1100 7th Street Building 1, Room 207
Des Moines, Iowa 50314
Contacts: Farfum Ladroma and Marie Anderson
- Make up tests (know your instructors last name)
- ESL COMPASS
- DMACC Challenge tests (check for availability for particular courses)
- Online testing for DMACC classes
- Testing for other colleges and businesses
- HiSET testing
- Van Driver tests
- TEAS-AH and TEAS-V (by appointment)
- Typing Test for DMACC programs
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Vet Tech Biology Test
Testing Center Hours
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
-COMPASS Tests are started from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM only
- Friday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
-COMPASS Tests are started 8:00 AM - 12:00 Noon only
- Saturday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
-Every third Saturday of the month
- (Exception: OPEN every Saturday in August 2016)
The URBAN Testing Center is closed holidays and when campus is closed.
DMACC College makeup and COMPASS tests given during regular day time hours. Please call to confirm evening and Saturday testing hours. 515-697-7809
HiSET testing Monday through Thursday 8 am - 5:00 pm. Registration for HiSET is done at the Zach Hamlett Building (697-7817)
Other colleges and university testing, please call to confirm testing hours. 515-697-7809
- A photo ID is required to take any test.
- Tests must be started at least two hours prior to closing and must be completed prior to leaving the testing center.
- Students doing college makeup tests are required to know the name of the instructor.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Prospective students who will be attending DMACC need to have an Application for Admission on file with Admissions at least 48 hours before taking the COMPASS Test.
- Many exams have proctor fees. Check with the office staff to determine fees; a $20 testing fee per test is charged for the administration of tests for non-DMACC institutions. The fee is payable in advance at Student Services.