1111 E. Army Post Road, Room 3
Des Moines, Iowa 50315
Staff: Jane Rogers
Testing Center Hours
Monday and Wednesday: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM (CST)
Tuesday and Thursday: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM (CST)
Friday: 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM (CST)
Testing Center Updates Regarding
Remote ACCUPLACER Testing (Reading/Writing and ELL Placement) to test remotely, students MUST have a desktop or laptop computer with a microphone and webcam, as well as Google Chrome installed. Remote testing may NOT be completed through a smartphone or tablet.
Click here to schedule an ACCUPLACER testing appointment. (DMACC Students Only).
* Note: if you are required to take the ACCUPLACER for employment with a public school district, such as Des Moines Public Schools or the Ames Community School District, please
click here to schedule a remote test.
Remote TEAS testing is also available. This assessment is only for students in the Nursing, Vet Tech or Surgical Tech programs. It is recommended that students wait until they only have a few items remaining on their checklist to take the TEAS. To test remotely, students MUST have a desktop or laptop computer with a microphone and webcam, as well as Google Chrome installed. Remote testing may NOT be completed through a smartphone or tablet.
Click here to schedule a TEAS testing appointment for the Nursing or Surgical Tech program.
Available On Site Tests:
- ABMDI-by appointment via email at
- ACCUPLACER -Next Generation, NG ESL, and NG testing for other institutions
- ATI TEAS (Nursing, Vet Tech, and Surgical Tech ONLY - by appointment via email at email@example.com
CASAS testing for DMACC Workforce Training Academy (WTA)
CLEP Exam by appointment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CNA Written Nurse Aide/Orderly Comp. Exam (to register, call 1-800-362-2127 ext. 6800)
Dental Board Exam by appointment via email at email@example.com
Dept. of Natural Resources (DNR) Water testing (you must first contact the DNR at 515-725-0463 for pre-approval before testing)
HiSET - High School Equivalency Testing
Iowa Plumbers, HVAC, Refrigeration, Mechanical, Hydronics and Sheet Metal Professional Certifications (testers must register for an exam with Kirkwood Community College before making a testing appointment at DMACC)
Lead Abatement Contractor and Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor (call 515-256-4912 to register before making a testing appointment)
Make up tests for DMACC classes
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification - by appointment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pesticide/Chemical Applicator Certification (examinees need to bring login information for the testing site:
Pre-Admissions Exams for Chemistry I & II and Biology I & II - by appointment via email at email@example.com
Test proctoring for other colleges and businesses - by appointment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Typing Test for DMACC programs
Van Driver tests
- To make an appointment, please call
515-287-8720 or email
Bring an ID. A photo ID is required to take any test!
- Tests must be started with sufficient time to be completed prior to leaving the testing center and within testing center hours.
- Students taking DMACC makeup exams must know the name of the instructor.
- Cell phones, pagers, smartwatches and other electronic devices are not allowed in the testing room. Lockers are provided to store these items.
- Prospective students who will be attending DMACC need to have an Application for Admission on file with the Admissions office at least 48 hours before taking the ACCUPLACER test.
- Testing for other colleges is a service provided for non-DMACC students who wish to have their test proctored at a DMACC Testing Center. Outside testers are charged $20 per test and all incurred fees are payable on the day of the exam - with one exception - if the tester attends an
Iowa Community College and is taking an exam for a credit course. The fee is waived due to a reciprocity agreement between all Iowa Community Colleges.
- A private testing room is not available.
- Children are prohibited in the Testing Center.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Testing Center.