What is LSAMP?
The IINSPIRE LSAMP mission is to develop a model for Midwest colleges and universities to attract the states' growing underrepresented minority (URM) population into STEM fields and attract students from other regions to STEM education opportunities in Iowa, Illinois, and Nebraska.
This will be accomplished through the following strategies:
- Grow the pool of college ready, STEM-prepared URM high school students
- Increase the number of URM students who choose STEM at each IINSPIRE Alliance institution
- Improve retention at all IINSPIRE Alliance institutions
The program is open to undergraduate students who meet the following requirements:
- United States citizen or permanent resident
- College GPA of 2.5 or high school GPA of 2.7
- Major in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline