The Prairie Trail Scholarship Fund offers scholarships to residents of the Prairie Trail Development who are pursuing a higher education beyond high school. Preference will be given to students who choose an educational institution based in Iowa. Prairie Trail residents, including past recipients of this award, must complete this electronic application in order to be considered. Scholarships will be awarded for the Fall 2018 and Spring 2018 terms, and may be applied toward charges for tuition, fees, and books.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA for most recent coursework. Applicants with no recorded grade within the last ten years will be exempt from this requirement.
- Must be a Prairie Trail resident planning to further your education during the award term(s) (includes current high school seniors, current college students, persons seeking continuing education, or persons furthering their college education)
- Online form detailing personal, academic, and financial information
The online application form takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. It is necessary to complete the application in a single session, as the form cannot be saved and reopened at a later time.
- One page essay about goals, involvement, and achievements
Applicants are encouraged to
compose and edit their essay in a word processing document prior to beginning the online form, so that the text can be pasted into the space provided. The essay should be a minimum of 500 words, single spaced using Times New Roman 12 point font. Applicants should address each of the following points:
- Describe your academic achievements, educational goals, and current involvement in school/community activities.
- Describe your future aspirations and how this scholarship would assist in your pursuit of these goals.
- Note any special circumstances substantiating your financial need.
- Grade Verification
All applicants will be instructed to upload or send a transcript (official, unofficial, or scanned copy) from their most recent school, to be received in the DMACC Scholarship Office by the application deadline.
Scoring will be based on:
35% Financial Need
15% Cumulative Grade Point Average
The application process is now closed.