Prairie Trail Scholarship offers scholarships to residents of the Prairie Trail Development who are pursuing a higher education beyond high school. Preference will be given to students who choose to attend Des Moines Area Community College or an accredited two or four year educational institution in Iowa. Prairie Trail residents, including past recipients of this award, must complete this electronic application in order to be considered. Scholarships will be awarded annually and funds may be applied toward charges for tuition and books.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA for most recent coursework. Applicants with no recorded grade within the last ten years will be exempt from this requirement.
- Must be a Prairie Trail resident planning to further your education during the award term(s) (includes current high school seniors, current college students, persons seeking continuing education, or persons furthering their college education) on a full time basis.
- Online form detailing personal, academic, and financial information
The online application form takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. It is necessary to complete the application in a single session, as the form cannot be saved and reopened at a later time.
- One page essay about goals, involvement, and achievements
Applicants are encouraged to
compose and edit their essay in a word processing document prior to beginning the online form, so that the text can be pasted into the space provided. The essay should be a minimum of 500 words, single spaced using Times New Roman 12 point font. Applicants should address each of the following points:
- Describe your academic achievements, educational goals, and current involvement in school/community activities.
- Describe your future aspirations and how this scholarship would assist in your pursuit of these goals.
- Note any special circumstances substantiating your financial need.
- Grade Verification
All applicants will be instructed to upload or send a transcript (official, unofficial, or scanned copy) from their most recent school, to be received in the DMACC Scholarship Office by the application deadline.
The amount of the funding allocation will be determined annually by DRA Properties and the DMACC Foundation. Funding priority will be given to:
- Residents and dependents of property owners in the Prairie Trail development. Please note, inhabitants of any student or temporary housing locations are not eligible. This excludes long-term, traditional rental homes.
- Students attending Des Moines Area Community College, and then to students attending an accredited two or four year educational institution in Iowa.
Funding may be used for tuition and books only, and is provided to the student’s school, not directly to the student. Students must have a 2.0 GPA and be enrolled on a full time basis. Students must remain in good academic standing with the school and continue to maintain a 2.0 GPA to receive funding for the consecutive semester.