“Directory information is ...information contained in an educational record of a student which would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed.”
(FERPA Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations, Title 43, Part 99.3)
DMACC does not print a directory or provide student information online.
Information that DMACC considers directory information:
- Student's name
- Telephone number
- DMACC email address
- Date and place of birth
- Major field of study
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees and awards received
- Previous educational agencies or institutions attended
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Weight and height of members of athletic teams
- DMACC student ID photograph
Information not included in the above list is defined as confidential and may not be released without a student's written permission. Directory information may be confidential at a student's request.
How can directory information be confidential?
- Students can notify the Student Records Office in writing within the first two calendar weeks of the semester.
- Must be done annually