Medical Office Degree program offers credit courses that prepare students with entry-level skills to more advanced skills needed for promotion. The programs have options of earning a degree, a diploma, or a certificate. Mix and match daytime, night time, and online classes to meet your needs.
YOU Choose Your Education Path
- AAS degree 2 years (64 hours, 4 terms). Includes an internship and auxiliary classes such as speech, accounting, and oral communications.
- Diploma – 1 year (46 hours, 3 terms). Does not include an internship.
- Certificate - short-term training for those with medical experience to develop "best of practice" skills.
Why Choose a Medical Office Specialist Career?
With your training you can find work in a variety of medical settings including hospitals/medical centers, clinics, insurance companies, and other health-related businesses.
- Jobs in the field are expected to grow 29% by 2026, much faster than jobs in all other fields.
Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Average annual pay for a Medical Office Specialist in Des Moines, IA is $40,055 a year.