Handling an incident, severe weather event, or other disaster doesn't start when first responders arrive or leave. It begins with preparation ahead of time. And it ends weeks, months -- sometimes years – later when a community or organization has been restored.
That's where people skilled in emergency management step in. Every organization, every community needs people who know what to do – before, during, and after first responders leave.
Work in this highly rewarding field can take many directions:
- From front-line positions to behind-the-scenes personnel
- In specialties such as accounting, community relations, criminal justice, emergency planning, grants management, supply chain management, communications, and more
- Responsible for tasks such as
- Overseeing emergency planning and training programs.
- Coordinating disaster response and recovery efforts.
- Being involved in community relations activities.
- Administering community grant programs.
- Engaging various sectors of the community.
- Providing public information and warning to the community.
So, whether you
- Already are a public servant and want to add to your skillset or
- Want a career in public service but don’t know your exact path
our new Emergency Management Certificate program will benefit you now and in your future.
- Teaches you how to mitigate the chaos that comes with an emergency before the event and be prepared for what follows a disaster
- Is designed and taught by professionals with real-world experience
- Is entirely online
- Can be completed in two semesters – just 18 credits
- Uses open source documents, requiring no textbooks
What’s more, an Emergency Management certificate from DMACC:
- Could provide professional development credits for gaining and maintaining industry certifications
- Can apply to a two-year degree program, such as DMACC’s Criminal Justice degree with a Homeland Security concentration, and may even transfer to a four-year college of your choice.
Get prepared for the next emergency and your future. Enroll today!
Loading...Emergency Management classes and certificate details