Canvas is DMACC's learning management system (LMS) for all course delivery methods: face-to-face, virtual, web blended, and fully online.
To access Canvas and your courses, follow the steps below.
- Click on the myDMACC button at the top of the DMACC website.
- Sign in with your DMACC email address and password.
- If you are a new student, you will be emailed your account information within 3 business days after submitting your application. If you have not received your login information by then, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need help signing in, use the myDMACC Help page or contact email@example.com.
- After you have signed into myDMACC, click the "Canvas" button on the left.
- You should see your course(s) listed on the Dashboard. You can also click the "Courses" link in the global navigation menu to access your class.
Note: Your course will not appear in Canvas until 1 day before it is scheduled to begin. However, after you are registered for classes, the Student Training and Resources course — where you can learn about Canvas and practice using its tools — will be available to you 2 weeks before classes start. If you register within the 2 weeks leading up to the beginning of the term, you will have access to the training course within 48 hours.
If you are not able to access myDMACC, you can try signing in directly to Canvas at dmacc.instructure.com using your DMACC email address and password. Please note that Canvas and myDMACC use the same authentication, so if you change your password in myDMACC, it automatically changes in Canvas, too.