In-State Residency

Veterans, Federal Personnel and Their Dependents

A military service veteran who was a resident of the State of Iowa prior to entering the service shall be classified as a resident of Iowa if the veteran returns to Iowa upon separation of service and his/her separation papers are filed with the county recorder.
A person and his/her spouse, who has moved into the State of Iowa as the result of military or civil orders from the federal government, and their minor children are entitled to immediate Iowa residency status.

For more information, visit our Veterans Services site.