About Your Online Course
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. The tips below will help you get the most from your course and successfully complete it.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course.
A few days before the class begins you will be emailed an invitation into the online classroom from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to accept the invite and set up a password to access the classroom.
For subsequent sessions go to the classroom and use your email address and password to access it.
Participate When You Want
- You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
- For the best learning, you should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What You Will Do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings.
- Have the option of accessing the online readings.
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides.
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned.
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants.
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Internet access with Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari web browser.
- Audio software such as Windows Media, Real, QuickTime, or Flash.
- Speakers to listen to audio.
To Earn a Certificate or CEUs
There are completion requirements if you are taking our online courses or certificates for any of the following recognition:
- CEUs and/or International Learning Units (ILUs)
- Make at least one comment every week in the discussion.
- The comment should show thought and be more substantive than just “Yes, I agree." There is no length required for comments.
- Replies to other comments, responses to other participants, count as comments (in most cases your instructor values replies and responses as comments).
- Questions and online discussion facilitative comments also count as well as long as there is some thought to them.
- Take every Unit self-quiz.
- Take every Unit self-quiz for the course and get at least 80% score.
- You may retake any self-quiz as often as you need to get to the 80% level.
- Completion Timeline
- The requirements should be done by the last day of the course.
- Individual instructors may extend the deadline upon request.
- For individual courses, a pdf transcript is issued showing completion.
- For certificates and certification, a pdf certificate is issued showing completion