A tobacco-free environment provides the following benefits to the DMACC community and the people we serve:
- Supports the State of Iowa's efforts to eliminate tobacco use in public settings.
- Supports healthy life-style choices.
- Eliminates second-hand smoke from around building entrances and air intake units.
- Eliminates litter.
- Prepares DMACC students to cope with future employment in tobacco-free environments.
- Sets a positive example for high school students and young children who visit our campuses.
- Reduces the risk of fire caused by smoking.