Every Semester DMACC’s Teaching and Learning Center offers unique training for DMACC’s adjunct faculty.
- Adjunct faculty members have to be approved by their provosts to participate in the program.
- There are five mandatory meetings during the semester on the topics of teaching and learning facilitated by Dr. Anna Conway and other DMACC faculty.
- Each adjunct needs to attend 2 events of their choice hosted by the T&L Center during the semester and establish a mentoring relationship with a DMACC full-time faculty member.
- Each adjunct is asked to record 15 min of their teaching via Kaltura on Blackboard
- Upon successful completion each participant receives a certificate and a $300 stipend.
APG program was launched by Dr. Anna Conway in 2016, since then hundreds of DMACC adjuncts have benefited from this program.
APG Application Form for Faculty and Staff (Note: You will need to enter your DMACC login credentials if off campus)
Adjunct Professional Growth-2 Program
The APG-2 program is developed for those adjunct faculty members who have completed the APG (1) in the past. The goals of APG-2 is to focus on such topics as: Obtaining a full-time teaching employment in higher education, presenting your best practices at a regional conference, best teaching practices in online and traditional classrooms.
This program is only offered once a year during the spring semester at DMACC. The program requires that participants attend the scheduled meetings and participate in a 1-day Summer Institute that takes place in July.
Per successful completion, participants receive a $300 stipend.
This is a DMACC district-wide program. Locations will be announced after registration is closed, and seats are limited.
Spring 2019 meeting dates: Wednesdays, 2:00-4:00 pm, on: 2/06/19, 3/06/2019, 4/03/2019, 5/22/2019