Every Semester DMACC’s Teaching and Learning Center offers unique training for DMACC’s adjunct faculty.
- Adjunct faculty members have to be approved by their provosts to participate in the program.
- There are five mandatory meetings during the semester on the topics of teaching and learning facilitated by Dr. Anna Conway and other DMACC faculty.
- Each adjunct needs to attend 2 events of their choice hosted by the T&L Center during the semester and establish a mentoring relationship with a DMACC full-time faculty member.
- Each adjunct is asked to record 15 min of their teaching via Kaltura on Blackboard
- Upon successful completion each participant receives a certificate and a $300 stipend.
APG program was launched by Dr. Anna Conway in 2016, since then hundreds of DMACC adjuncts have benefited from this program.
Adjunct Professional Growth-2 Program
The APG-2 program is developed for those adjunct faculty members who have completed the APG (1) in the past. The goals of APG-2 is to focus on such topics as: Obtaining a full-time teaching employment in higher education, presenting your best practices at a regional conference, best teaching practices in online and traditional classrooms.
This program is only offered once a year during the spring semester at DMACC. The program requires that participants attend the scheduled meetings and participate in a 1-day Summer Institute that takes place in July.
Per successful completion, participants receive a $300 stipend.
This is a DMACC district-wide program. Locations will be announced after registration is closed, and seats are limited.
Spring 2019 meeting dates: Wednesdays, 2:00-4:00 pm, on: 2/06/19, 3/06/2019, 4/03/2019, 5/22/2019