DMACC will provide technology grant assistance to students who face emergency circumstances due to COVID-19, while supplies last. This grant assistance does not have to be repaid, and is focused on providing technology resources to students with proven need so that they may continue their DMACC education. This grant is intended to support students whose classes have been moved from face-to-face to online.
If you need internet access:
- Mediacom Communications has an initiative directed at helping students address online learning challenges created by the Coronavirus pandemic. www.mediacomcable.com.
Specific initiatives include:
Additional information about internet service providers offering special discounts in Iowa can be found at: https://www.highspeedinternet.com/ia You are able to take your DMACC provided tablet to your cellular provider to enable the cell service on your device.
- Increasing the speed of the Mediacom Connect2Compete low-cost internet program to 25 megabits per second (Mbps) down by 3 Mbps up (currently 10 Mbps down by 1 Mbps up). Qualifying families who subscribe before May 15, 2020, will receive 60 days of complimentary Mediacom Connect2Compete service.
- Extending the pricing of Mediacom’s Access Internet 60 broadband service to new customers at $19.99 per month for the next 12 months (currently retails for $29.99 per month).
- Pausing monthly data allowances across all Mediacom broadband service tiers through May 15, 2020;
- Providing complementary access to all Mediacom Xtream Wi-Fi Hotspots for 60 days.