SMARTHINKING, based in Washington, DC, provides people, technology and training to help post-secondary institutions offer their students outstanding online tutoring and academic support. Schools, colleges, universities, government agencies, textbook publishers and other education providers work with SMARTHINKING to increase student achievement and enhance learning by connecting students to qualified educators anytime, from any Internet connection. From supplementing current learning support programs with SMARTHINKING's qualified and trained e-structors, to licensing SMARTHINKING's technology platform to create a private-labeled virtual learning assistance center, SMARTHINKING develops custom solutions to allow institutions to better support their faculty and students. Download the SMARTHINKING Student Handbook.
Source: SMARTHINKING (http://services.smarthinking.com)
SMARTHINKING at DMACC
DMACC offers online tutoring services for our students through
http://services.smarthinking.com, which provides live, online, personalized assistance in Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Anatomy & Physiology, Intro to Finance, all levels of Math (including bilingual Math), Physics, Spanish, Stats, Writing Lab.
This service is available from any computer. All you need is access to the internet and you can:
- connect with an e-structor and interact with a live tutor,
- submit your writing assignment for any of your classes to the Online Writing Lab, or
- submit a question and receive a response within 24 hours.
DMACC students may use 180 minutes of tutoring services for the semester. Be sure to use your time wisely throughout the semester.
How Time is Deducted from Your Account
You can see how much time you have used in the "my account" tab of your SMARTHINKING homepage.
- Live drop-in sessions are metered to the minute of time spent working with an e-structor plus 5 minutes for administration
- Submitted questions: 20 minutes
- Online Writing Lab: Submitted essays or career writing: 35 minutes
- Pre-scheduled sessions: 35 minutes
How to Receive a Username and Password to Access SMARTHINKING
- Send an email with your name, DMACC student ID and DMACC email address to
Your SMARTHINKING account will allow a maximum usage of 180 minutes per semester. Your password will be valid for only one semester. For further information contact Sharon Bittner, Academic Support Services Director, at