DMACC Chemical Hygiene Plan
»View the DMACC Chemical Hygiene Plan
DMACC Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
»View the DMACC Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
HAZARDOUS CHEMICAL SPILLS
In the event of a hazardous chemical spill or toxic gas release:
- Any persons who may have been contaminated should wash under a safety shower or irrigating the eyes at an eyewash station.
Remove contaminated clothing promptly to reduce contact time with the
chemical. If acid, base or solvents, flush affected skin with water for 15 minutes.
- MSDS sheets which contain important information for treating chemical spills
can be obtained from the Physical Plant or the Kansas State University web site: http://www.phys.ksu.edu/area/jrm/Safety/msds.html also, the website for OSHA is www.osha.gov
- If required, evacuate the area/building to a safe distance away from the
- Call Campus Security/Provosts Office
- Ext. 6500 or 515-964-6500 (Ankeny)
- Ext. 7200 or 515-248-7200 (Urban)
- Isolate the area and warn others not to enter.
- If spilled material is flammable, turn off ignition and heat sources.
- Avoid breathing vapors of the spilled material.
- Assist Emergency personnel in identifying the hazardous substance or situation.