The DMACC Wind Turbine became operational January 5, 2011, as a teaching tool for DMACC's Wind Turbine Technician Program.
- Blade rotation will begin with average wind speeds of approximately 12 MPH.
- Blade rotation will stop when average wind speeds fall below 9 MPH.
- The maximum rotation speed of the hub and blade assembly is 50 RPM.
- The maximum rotational speed of the generator shaft is 1200 RPM.
- The maximum electrical generation is approximately 100KW.
If you have comments or questions about the turbine, email Scott Ocken.
The webcam takes a few minutes to load...
Please note: Use Chrome or Firefox as your browser to view the webcam. The webcam is not compatible with Internet Explorer.