The DMACC Wind Turbine became operational January 5, 2011, as a teaching tool for DMACC's Wind Turbine Technician Program.
- Blade rotation will begin with average wind speeds of approximately 12 MPH.
- Blade rotation will stop when average wind speeds fall below 9 MPH.
- The maximum rotation speed of the hub and blade assembly is 50 RPM.
- The maximum rotational speed of the generator shaft is 1200 RPM.
- The maximum electrical generation is approximately 100KW.
» Loading...Wind Turbine Technician, Certificate
Building the DMACC wind turbine in 21 seconds!