The DMACC/UNI teacher education program is focused on the offering of a course sequence at DMACC Ankeny, Boone and Carroll Campuses that will lead to a degree from UNI in Elementary Education.
All students must meet the regular requirements as specified by the University of Northern Iowa. This will include:
- The students will move through the program in groups called cohorts.
- Completion of an AA degree or equivalent course work.
- Enter UNI with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Tuition will be the regular UNI tuition for UNI classes and DMACC tuition for DMACC classes.
- Program and course requirements will be the same as those required of UNI campus- based students.
- Satisfactory completion of PRAXIS Core for admission to Teacher Ed.
- Satisfactory completion of PRAXIS II before graduation for licensure recommendation.
- Maintain minimum 2.5 GPA throughout program.
- All methods of teaching classes must be taken from UNI - no exceptions.
- To graduate with honors from UNI a total of 60 UNI credits must be completed.
- Options to Complete the Middle Level major or additional endorsements.