Health Requirements

​​​Nursing students need to complete and submit the New Student Health and Immunization Record when beginning their program. Click below to see the form.

» Student Health and Immunization Record

TB and Influenza documentation are required annually.

» Influenza Vaccination Form
» TB Form

The CDC provides immunization options and immunization tips on where to look for immunization records and where to go to get immunized.

PDF documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Don't have Adobe? Get it here for free!

At their own expense, students must obtain the required physical examination, immunizations, and/or tests prior to beginning the Program. The physical exam and Tuberculosis test must be within one year of starting the program.

  • Infectious diseases, including Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping cough), and Tuberculosis (TB) may have serious implications for both health care workers and clients. Therefore, students are required to meet current standards for prevention, unless a signed medical waiver is submitted.
  • Existing health problems must be identified. Students will not be permitted to attend clinical experiences until the required Health and Immunization Record is completed and submitted.
  • If a student chooses not to have the required immunizations and does not have a medical waiver, the student will be ineligible for clinical experiences and will be dismissed from the DMACC nursing programs.
  • Changes in health status after completing health forms must be reported to the Program Chair/Campus Coordinator.
  • Students are to make a personal copy of the Health and Immunization Record prior to submitting it and keep it in a safe place with other important documents as these records will be requested by future employers.
  • The influenza vaccine is required each year prior to the deadline set by our clinical agencies. It is the student's responsibility to renew the influenza vaccine each year at their own expense and provide documentation for their student file.