- Diplomas are issued to Practical Nursing students with a grade of "C" or better in all PNN and required liberal arts and sciences courses identified in the Practical Nursing curriculum.
- An Associate in Applied Science Degree (AAS) is awarded to Associate Degree Nursing Students with a grade of "C" or better in all ADN and required liberal arts and sciences courses identified in the Associate Degree Nursing curriculum. In addition, ADN students must successfully complete the required standardized exit exam taken during Term 5 of the curriculum to earn their degree.
It is the student's responsibility to monitor his/her progress in meeting program requirements.
Track your progress. Any discrepancies regarding meeting requirements must be discussed with the Program Chair as soon you are aware to ensure progression toward graduation as planned. Any discrepancies regarding meeting requirements must be discussed with the Program Chair as soon you are aware to ensure progression toward graduation as planned.
To qualify as a graduation candidate, a
Graduation Application must be filed with the Office of Student Records by established deadlines. There are three reasons why you need to complete the Graduation Application:
- To have your academic records reviewed to determine if you are eligible to graduate from DMACC
- To determine if you meet the Board of Nursing's requirements for licensure.
Students must be granted the designated degree or diploma to meet eligibility requirements for licensure by the state boards of nursing. Just completing the required course work is not sufficient to meet licensure requirements.
- To indicate if you will or will not be participating in the graduation ceremony.
Students will receive OFFICIAL written notification of their status on meeting graduation requirements.
Graduates Looking for a Job
DMACC students and alumni can view current job and internship postings on Handshake, DMACC’s career services platform.
Click here to join Handshake and…
- Access job and internship postings from employers looking to hire DMACC candidates.
- Share your resume and connect directly with employers through the Handshake messaging center.
- Stay up-to-date on local and virtual hiring events: career fairs, information sessions, interviewing events, and more.
Also, the DMACC Career Center provides free career services to DMACC students and alumni,
Click here to learn more.
Search Nursing Jobs and Healthcare Jobs
CampusRN to search for thousands of jobs and scholarships