The Olson-Schwartz Funeral Home & Cremation Service is a family owned funeral home seeking a licensed mortician or intern for immediate hire. This position interacts directly with the client families during their time of need and is expected to assist the current teams in creating and maintaining an exceptional level of family satisfaction.
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree; Minnesota state funeral licensure, working toward a state license or reciprocal license from another state;
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
* Computer knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft software
* Be able to take night calls;
* Ability to manage a caseload while creating an extraordinary customer experience.
* Knowledge of crematory & cremation regulations or willing to be trained.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to multi-task within job responsibilities.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Arrange and conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a proficient, organized, caring manner in keeping with company policies.
* Ability to multi-task and to be able to handle multiple families at the same time.
We offer a very competitive benefits package! This is a slow paced environment with ample time to enjoy all Bemidji has to offer. Bemidji is the first city on the Mississippi in the beautiful Northwoods with fishing, hunting, and many outdoor activities. Additionally, it is the cultural center of northern Minnesota where you can be a spectator, or participate in the visual and performing arts.