As a funeral director, you have the unique opportunity to
guide individuals and families through one of the most difficult
experiences in their lives.
Our funeral directors quickly adapt to the needs of individual
families by presenting personalized, meaningful, and creative
ideas to help honor and celebrate each life lived. They exemplify
the genuine compassion and dedication essential for providing
exceptional service to those experiencing the loss of a loved one.
We also believe that a growth mindset is essential for reaching our
collective goals as a progressive organization. In order to uphold
our high standards of care, we offer access to excellent mentoring
and professional development opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervise and care for the deceased in a respectful manner that adheres to regulatory requirements.
• Perform a variety of tasks related to preparation of the deceased: removal and transfer, embalming,
cosmetology, hairstyling, dressing, and casketing.
Arrange and conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized, and caring manner in
keeping with company policies and procedures.
• Carry out a variety of tasks related to coordinating a funeral service and visitation including managing
the delivery and removal of flowers, caskets, urns, photos, and other personal memorabilia.
• Assist at the cemetery and participate as needed in church services.
Perform office duties and reporting.
• Accurately prepare all documents related to funeral services, cremations, and maintenance.
• Provide timely delivery of documents, cards, memorabilia, etc. to the family following the service.
• Assist the family with insurance assignments, paperwork and other related follow-up tasks as
• Share potential preneed referrals with the preplanning specialist.
• Manage merchandise inventory and funeral home supplies.
Build a strong relationship with the community through active involvement in area organizations and
participation in charitable events.
Utilize engaging local and digital marketing methods for promotion and education purposes.
Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
• Assist with maintenance of the facility, property, and vehicles.
• Ensure adherence to all professional, state and federal licensing authority, regulations, and rules
applicable to funeral service.
Maintain a good driving record in order to drive funeral vehicles for services, floral delivery, supply pick-up,
participation in special functions, and various other duties.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
High School Diploma or equivalent
Degree from Accredited Mortuary Science Program plus additional college credits as required in the
Successful completion of the National Board Examination
Successful completion of the applicable State Board Examination
Valid Funeral Director and/or Embalmer State Licensure
Valid Driver’s License
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the
essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
Strong dedication to serve the needs of others
• Accountability for serving families in a professional, compassionate, patient, and timely manner
Proven experience in establishing strong personal and business relationships with customers and partners in
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in one-on-one and large group settings
Experience as a contributing team member, where individuals work together and share equally in the
exchange of ideas, concepts and process outcomes
Extensive knowledge of industry, products, and services
Solid organizational and reporting skills
Above-average technology skills
• Use of programs such as Word, Publisher and Excel
• Use of LinkedIn, Facebook and/or Instagram