Program Entry Requirements
- Complete an application for admission.
- Submit proof of high school graduation or HiSET completion.
- Complete required entry assessments. Complete ACCUPLACER Next Gen Reading (248 or above), ACCUPLACER Next Gen Writing (254 or above), and ALEKS Math assessment (14 or above). Or, ACT scores in Reading (19 or above) English (19 or above), Math (14 or above).
- Submit evidence of grade “C” or better in one year of high school biology or equivalent (DMACC Academic Achievement Center Biology I & II or BIO 157.
- Please complete the online Medical Assistant information session.
What Skills and Abilities Will You Need?
- Perform activities in an organized and detailed manner.
- Apply knowledge from the biological and social sciences.
- Must have necessary physical and emotional stamina to meet demands of a rigorous schedule.
View Core Performance Standards. Some employers may require candidates to pass a strength and agility test prior to hiring.
- Must have self-discipline and ability to take initiative.
Criminal Background Check
Criminal background checks will be completed on each student. Criminal convictions or documented history of abuse may prevent students from participating in practicum education experiences. Students unable to participate in practicum education will be unable to complete the Medical Assistant Program. A felony conviction may prevent applicants from being eligible for the CMA (AAMA) Medical Assistant certification examination.