What Kind of Work Will You Do?
For any type of fashion merchandising or management position:
- Coordinate a team effort in developing and promoting the sale of fashion merchandise.
- Design visual presentations to project seasonal trends that generate customer excitement.
- Develop promotional activities such as advertising, visual merchandising, and fashion shows to communicate a strong fashion image for the company.
- Recruit, lead and motivate members of the fashion merchandising team.
- Execute merchandising plan, including inventory and budget control, scheduling, store layout, markdowns, training employees, payroll and daily sales records.
What Else Should I Consider about this Program or Career Choice?
- Individuals with a good eye in design can go into a fashion-related career.
- The diploma major or the AAS degree major may include an emphasis in apparel or interior design.
- Option of transferring to earn a four-year degree or go immediately into a fashion career.
- Internships are paid positions with pay dependent upon previous experience. Rapid advancement and salary increases follow.
- Work schedules may vary to include some evenings and weekend hours in fashion retail careers.
- Fashion career opportunities are numerous nationwide.
- A fashion career offers variety and flexibility. Jobs for career-oriented individuals are plentiful. Pay is based on salary plus bonuses with high earning potential.
Looking for a job in the Fashion Industry?
DMACC students and alumni can view current job and internship postings on the Career Center's College Central Network website. To schedule a Job & Internship Search Assistance appointment, please call 515-964-6200 (then dial 0). Our operators are available Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to help you make an appointment. To schedule online, visit Sara Clayton's and Kara Donovan's online calendars below:
Want to reach out to the Career Center directly with a question or concern? Contact them at 515-964-6463 or email@example.com. You can also access additional career resources on the Career Center page.