Good Paying & Interesting Jobs
We currently have at least three to four jobs for every DMACC HVAC graduate. Average starting pay is about $28,000 per year. Top pay ranges from $30,000 to $60,000 (or more) per year in this region.
- Varied career paths. Visit the Air Conditioning Contractors of America website for more information.
- Up-to-date equipment in our labs
- Multimedia classrooms
- Hands-on lab training using actual equipment, not just trainers
- Program material is updated annually
- Computer simulators for HVAC troubleshooting practice
- Internship: Term 3 includes a paid (training wage) internship for qualified students
Over 50 years combined experience in the Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration field for both instructors.
Low program cost and convenient hours
- Total approximate cost for the full two-year AAS degree program including cost for tools is $9,685 for the program beginning in fall 2008
- Students can elect to take just Terms 1, 2 and 3 and receive a diploma for an estimated cost of $6,230
- HVAC classes generally run from 8am to 12 noon, M-F. Other required classes may be taken at night or as summer classes. This allows students to hold afternoon or evening jobs and still attend HVAC classes at DMACC.