After completing the first year, you will complete a 150 hour internship in the Horticulture Industry. An internship provides you with valuable hands-on experience and in many instances, may result in a position as a full time employee.
What students say about internships:
- Help you learn about a career field from the inside
- Help you decide if this is the right job for you
- Allow you to observe the work place and see if it matches your expectations
- You have an opportunity to add to your knowledge base
- Gives you confidence in your abilities
- Provide a bridge between school and the professional world
- May open the door to a permanent position
- Help you gain an advantage over other applicants
Businesses seeking DMACC interns:
If you are interested in having a DMACC Horticulture student intern for you, post your job on the DMACC Career Center's website.