After completing the spring semesters of your first and second year, you will complete a 200 hour internship in the Horticulture Industry. An internship provides you with valuable hands-on experience and in many instances, may result in a position as a full time employee.
What students say about internships:
- Help you learn about a career field from the inside
- Help you decide if this is the right job for you
- Allow you to observe the work place and see if it matches your expectations
- You have an opportunity to add to your knowledge base
- Gives you confidence in your abilities
- Provide a bridge between school and the professional world
- May open the door to a permanent position
- Help you gain an advantage over other applicants
Businesses seeking interns:
If you are a horticulture related business and are interesting in interviewing or hiring DMACC students for internships please feel free to contact us. We encourage potential employers to visit the program and with prior notice can often give potential employers a few minutes to speak in the appropriate class. For more information, you can contact us at
email@example.com, please title the email 'Internships'. If you have a job posting you would like us to post, please email it to us and we can distribute that to the students in our program.