The Computer Applications certificate provides students with a basic understanding of the computer applications that may be performed in an office.
A student will be able to use the following applications: word processing, database, desktop publishing, graphics, presentation, spreadsheet, e-mail, internet, and operating systems. The student will also use the internet and operating system software.
These credits are applicable to the Office Assistant Diploma and the Administrative Assistant AAS Degree
What Kind of Work Will You Do?
- Key documents, reports and other correspondence using word processing.
- Prepare spreadsheets and charts.
- Prepare computer presentations.
- Create a database and analyze database information.
- Use file management techniques.
What Skills and Abilities Will You Need?
- Demonstrate excellent computer application skills.
- Follow detailed instructions--both written and oral.
- Work on your own.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Good intereactive and collaborative skills.
What Else Should I Consider about this Special Certificate?
- Many jobs require working at the computer all day.
- Average starting salary $21,000.