Full Time Production Department Associate
Stine Seed Company
Morgan McEnany firstname.lastname@example.org
Stine Seed Company - Production Department Associate
Stine Seed Company, a privately held growing national seed company, is seeking talented
individuals to work in the production department at its facility near Adel, Iowa. This is an
excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed
companies. Full-time positions are available immediately.
In this role, you will be responsible for scheduling and coordinating seed shipments from
company facilities to customers. You will perform a variety of tasks associated with seed
preparation that will evolve with each season throughout the year. Qualified candidates should
be hard-working and self-directed. Preference will be given to candidates with previous
agriculture or logistics experience.
Stine offers competitive pay, health insurance and retirement benefits. Pre-employment
screening, including drug testing, may be required.
• Communicate effectively with other team members, both verbally and in writing.
• Working with account payable department to issue grower payments and freight bills.
• Setting up seed shipment loads (on company trucks, as well as shipments using outside
• Understand & follow standards for calculating seed size, bushels per acre and converting
• Preparation and maintenance of grower records and files.
• Working with outside contractors to produce seed.
• Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Self-starter with systematic decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
and the ability to work independently.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to sort and size seed corn for standard size units, calculate bushels per acre and
convert to bagged seed units.
• Willing and able to work in a variety of areas.
• Willing and able to stand and sit for extended periods.
• Willingness and ability to work overtime hours, including weekend work required during
• Ability to work in an organized and safe manner.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and coordinate activities.
• Basic computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft programs including (Excel, Word,
To apply immediately, send a current resume and cover letter to:
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Megan McEnany
22555 Laredo Trail
Adel, IA 50003
Or email to email@example.com. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft
Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.
Posted June 17, 2022
Cattle Farm Hand
Grand Junction, IA (Greene County)
James Holz: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Megan Person: email@example.com
• Daily feeding and health checks of cattle in feedlot and on grass
• Loading and unloading of cattle deliveries and rotation of cattle on grass
• Fence, grass, and cattle pen maintenance
• Vaccinating and implanting cattle and associated record keeping
• Weekend chore rotation and seasonal farm work including planting and harvesting
• Maintenance and repair of feeding and manure application equipment
• Miscellaneous farm activities
• High school diploma and Associates degree
• Prior agricultural, cattle, and equipment operating experience
• Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to changing situations on a daily basis
• Ability to work weekends and long hours during the busy seasons and outside in variable conditions
• Good communication skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Basic computer skills and ability to learn Performance Beef Analytics software
• Must have a valid drivers license
• Must be able to move/lift up to 50lbs; occasionally up to 100lbs
• Must live within 15 miles of Grand Junction, IA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• 10 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
We work primarily outdoors.
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Grand Junction, IA 50107: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
• cattle/livestock: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Posted June 09, 2022
Herdsman and Farm Operator Positions, Full-Time and Part-Time positions available
Mount Ayr, Iowa
looking to hire a herdsman for our cattle operation. We have a 400 hd commercial cow-calf and 100 head registered Angus cow-calf operation. In addition, we have two indoor cattle buildings where we feed 750 head of feeder cattle and farm 2500 acres of row crop.
Herdsman: Feeding, calving, assist with AI and embryo transplant, pasture management, data collection and management, prepare for sales and shows
Farm Operator Position: assist in all aspects of farm including crop and livestock, good to have GPS and mechanical experience if possible
Posted May 04, 2022
Farm Broadcaster Intern
Des Moines IA
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – and with its quarter of a billion monthly listeners, has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. The company’s leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms, including more than 850 live broadcast stations in over 160 markets nationwide; through its iHeartRadio digital service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices; through its influencers; social; branded iconic live music events; other digital products and newsletters; and podcasts as the #1 commercial podcast publisher. iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics, targeting and attribution for its marketing partners with its Smart Audio product, using data from its massive consumer base.
We are looking for highly motivated students looking to make an impact in Farm Broadcasting in a fun and fast-paced entertainment environment as you rotate through different operating functions across sales, marketing, research, digital and events. This position is in Des Moines, Iowa and is funded in a joint effort by the National Association of Farm Broadcasters. You will be working with the Farm Broadcasting team on WHO Radio and the iHeartMedia Farm Network.
· You will be responsible for research and analytics as well as assisting with general office tasks as assigned by the Farm Director. You’ll learn how to prepare relevant reports and learn a lot about our processes and various functions across the company. You’ll serve as a true apprentice and may work on interesting projects with other interns.
· We are looking for someone with excellent written and spoken communication skills who is an active listener; effectively conveys information; and is able to proofread and edit content
· It is important that you’re able to plan and organize while focusing on urgent and important tasks and demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
· We want to meet candidates who are innovative and creative, while being able to adapt effortlessly to shifts in priorities and urgencies
· We’d like you to be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms, e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest
· You’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership in peer relations while also showing keen interpersonal skills when collaborating with others
· Ability to work at least 20 hours per week
· Sophomore, Junior or senior level student in good academic standing
· Currently enrolled at an accredited university in classes leading to a degree in a Communications, Marketing, or related discipline. A background in agriculture is highly desired.
• Career interest in media industry
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Des Moines, IA: 2141 Grand Ave, 50312
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Posted April 27, 2022
Farms Operations Assistant
- firstname.lastname@example.org -- 515-230-5783 (Andrew – Cell)
HF Farms is fifth generation, family-owned and operated farm located in rural Ogden, Iowa that farms
corn, seed corn, and soybeans.
HF Farms is hiring a Farm Operations Assistant to assist in raising corn and soybeans. This position will
enjoy a wide variety of tasks such as operating farm equipment, hauling grain, and other general work
around the farm. We are looking for someone who has a great work ethic, takes initiative, and is as
passionate about agriculture as we are. To be successful in this position, the applicant must be
dependable and hardworking while working independently and as part of a team.
• Planting, spraying, and harvesting of corn and soybeans
• Hauling grain
• General mechanical work and maintenance on farm and heavy equipment
• Other farm-related duties as assigned
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – have one or be able to obtain within 90 days of hire
o HF Farms will pay for training and licensure for the right candidate
• Experience operating and working on farm and heavy equipment (not required)
• Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs
Due to the nature of this work, this position must be able to work nights and/or weekends during
HF Farms offers a competitive hourly wage, overtime pay, paid vacation days, health insurance options,
and a retirement match.
Starting hourly wage: $18.00/hour; commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply for the position, please contact Andrew Heineman at email@example.com and include
your resume and two contacts for references. For questions, please call Andrew at 515-230-5783.
Posted April 26, 2022
Fall Soil Sampling position (9-15 through 12-1)
Brandy Hodges Western Iowa Manager/GIS Manager Agronomic Solutions ( A Division of Deveron) 712-651-2096 firstname.lastname@example.org
Main responsibility is soil sampling in the State of Iowa. We provide all equipment including GPS, ATV’s, and iPad. You will be required to have a dependable truck to haul our ATV’s, or we have single axle trailers if you have an SUV. We pay the current IRS mileage rate.
The job pays $18/hr with the ability to earn $20/hr depending on productivity. Most weeks we work 70-90 hours depending on weather. 1 ½ pay starts after 40 hours. Some travel will be expected. Company pays for hotel stays and overnight meals. You are responsible for your own breakfast and lunch.
Cell Phone is a requirement, we will reimburse you up to $50/month.
Computer skills are very important. You need to be able to run Microsoft Word, Excel, and operate an Ipad.
Work is fairly strenuous, we are outside in all weather conditions, including snow towards the end of season. Good physical condition is required. You will be lifting boxes weighing 40lbs.
Job runs September 15th through December 1st or until the ground freezes.
Check out our website at www.agronomicsolutions.com
Posted January 28, 2022
Summer intnern - Crop Scout
Lyman Ag Supply
Cass County and Surrounding Area
Lee Saathoff Lyman Ag Supply. 712-249-4988
I’m looking for summer intern/ crop scout. I’m an independent Channel Seedsman and also sell crop protection products and Climate FieldView. I need help doing my Field check up series and tracking it in Climate. I live in Atlantic and my shop is 12 miles south of town and east of Griswold. It would be primarily Cass county and surrounding areas.
Posted January 27, 2022