Building Trades Diploma
Completed in just 12 months, a Building Trades Diploma qualifies you for employment.
- A DMACC-Carpenter's Union Labor agreement program enables graduates to drop one year from the apprenticeship program.
- Graduates can expect to earn a beginning wage of $50,000 or more the first year.
Iowa Welding InstituteTM
“Is this welder qualified?” supervisors and inspectors will ask. “Does this weld meet AWS standards?” When you earn a Welding Certificate from DMACC, you can answer “Yes.”
- Average starting salary in Iowa: $36,000 per year or more
- Women account for only about 9% of the country’s skilled trades workers . A career in a skilled trade, including welding, is a great choice.
Electrical Utility Program
DMACC and other agencies in the field have teamed up to create this one-year program where students will learn about how to install and service power lines and transformers.
This high-demand, outdoor career is for physically fit men and women of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Students report salaries of approx. $48,000 per year, locally.
- Fast-growing industry with opportunities to travel.
- Employment outlook strong locally and nationally.