If you live in the Perry Community School District - regardless of your age - you qualify for one-third off your tuition bill at the DMACC Perry VanKirk Career Academy!
The Perry Promise Scholarship makes the most affordable college tuition in Iowa an even greater value by reducing the per-credit-hour tuition from $147 to just $99. Take a full semester schedule of 15 credit hours and save a total of $720. Plus other available financial aid could reduce your out-of-pocket costs even more.
Scholarship is subject to available funds, so check into it today!
DMACC at Perry offers opportunities for area high school students and adult learners to earn college credit through Des Moines Area Community College.
This scholarship provides financial assistance to students who reside in the Perry Community School District and attend DMACC, or any student regardless of residence, who attends the Perry VanKirk Career Academy.
- Students who reside in the Perry Community School District and
- Register for courses at the Perry VanKirk Career Academy or any DMACC Campus as a new student (subject to available funds)
- Complete advising and register for courses that lead to a degree or certification
- Students must meet with an academic advisor to apply for the scholarship.
- Students must maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 each semester to maintain eligibility for the scholarship.
- If a student is awarded the scholarship, he/she may apply for a continuing scholarship each semester as long as he/she continues to meet the eligibility criteria and there is available funding.
- Students who have attended DMACC prior to Fall 2013 may be eligible for the scholarship if they experience severe financial hardships. Interested students should meet with an academic advisor to discuss scholarship eligibility.
- Students may be eligible for the scholarship during the summer semester. Interested student should meet with an academic advisor to discuss scholarship eligibility.
» Download the Perry Promise Scholarship Flyer
Perry Promise Donation
Kelsey Hughes, marketing officer at Raccoon Valley Bank, presents Bill Clark a check for $360 for the DMACC Perry Promise Scholarship Fund. The Raccoon Valley Bank employees raised the money in February 2014 toward the donation. Employees include, from left to right, Dannelle McDowell, Cookie Buckler, Denisse Westphal, Kathy Hoskinson, Chuck Painter, Diane Vallejo, Kim Meyers, Suzi Ggieseke, Raccoon Valley Bank President Terry Nielsen, Kelsey Hughes and Perry Promise Scholarship Fund Manager Bill Clark. The Raccoon Valley Bank Charitable Foundation also recently donated $5,000 to the DMACC Perry VanKirk Academy.