Access to Your Online Class
- Use the myDMACC button at the top of the DMACC website to sign in and access Blackboard.
- Blackboard is DMACC's learning management system (LMS) and is used for all course delivery methods: face-to-face, online, web blended, and virtual.
- On August 15, 2020, we updated Blackboard, adding new features and Ultra Base Navigation.
- See the one-page Access Your Class Guide (PDF) to learn how to access your courses after the August 15th upgrade.
- To learn more about Ultra Base Navigation:
- Visit Blackboard's Navigate Outside a Course page, including links with information on each item in the Ultra Base Navigation menu.
- Log into Blackboard, go into the Blackboard Basics for Students course, click on Course Content, and open the Navigating Blackboard folder.
Getting Started in Your Online Class
State Authorization Information for Online Students
DMACC is a SARA approved institution. You can appeal problems with your online course using the Student Policies page.
Below is a phone number and website that provides information (either contact or otherwise) about authorization of distance education.
State of California
As an out-of-state public institution, Des Moines Area Community College is not under the purview of the California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education, thus Bureau approval for DMACC Online to offer its programs to residents of California is not required. Therefore, DMACC is in compliance with California regulations concerning postsecondary distance education.