NOTICE: If you have already completed Blackboard training in the past, you do NOT need to sign up again to use the Gradebook. Instead, please see the
Blackboard Gradebook Expectations page.
New Users - Instructors who have not completed training previously:
You must complete Blackboard training prior to using Blackboard. DMACC policy reads: All online instructors must be trained and certified on using the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) by the Distance Learning department.
How the Training Works
Sign up for ONE of the training options below (do NOT sign up for both) using the appropriate form. You will NOT receive a confirmation email from the form.
- You will receive login instructions in your DMACC email when we are ready for you to begin or on the session start date.
entire Blackboard training course is completed online and is self-paced. Our
Instructional Designers are available by email, telephone, or in-person if you would like additional assistance.
- In order to successfully complete the training,
all required work must be completed by the end date listed for your session.
Option 1: Web Enhanced Training
If you plan to teach only face-to-face courses and use Blackboard for the gradebook or Web Enhance your course with other components, sign up for this Web Enhanced training.
- Covers basic necessities, such as the DMACC Template, Announcements, Syllabus, Your Instructor contact information, and the Grade Center
- Requires you to start setting up your gradebook
Summer 2018 Session - Sign up by filling out the
Web Enhanced Training Sign-Up Form.
- Open all semester long; sign up at any time and work at your own pace
- Complete the training no later than August 10th
Option 2: Blended/Online Training
If you plan to teach Web Blended and/or fully Online courses soon, sign up for this Blended/Online training.
- Covers everything in the Web Enhanced Training with additional requirements for tools, such as Tests, Discussion Boards, and Journals
- Requires you to develop 3 weeks of a fully online course
- You can also have Web Enhanced courses
- After successfully completing the Blended/Online Training, you will be paid a $300 stipend if you are assigned to teach a course.
Summer 2018 Session -
- Session 1:
Start: Tuesday, May 22
End: Tuesday, June 12 at 10AM CST
- Session 2:
Start: Tuesday, June 19
End: Tuesday, July 10 at 10AM CST
- Session 3:
Start: Tuesday, July 17
End: Tuesday, August 7 at 10AM CST
- Sign up by filling out the
Blended/Online Training Sign-Up Form.
If you have any questions about the Training, please contact one of the
Instructional Designers for Distance Learning.