You must complete Blackboard training prior to using Blackboard. DMACC policy reads: All on-line instructors must be trained and certified on using the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) by the Distance Learning department.
Web Enhanced Training - to teach Web Enhanced courses, including using the gradebook
- Covers basic necesseties, such as the DMACC Template, Announcements, Syllabus, Your Instructor contact information, and the Grade Center
- Requires you to start setting up your gradebook
Note: If you only plan to teach face-to-face courses with a Blackboard component or only need to use the online gradebook, sign up for this training.
Blackboard 9 Training - to teach Web Enhanced, Web Blended, and/or fully Online courses
- Covers everything in the Web Enhanced Training with additional requirements for tools, such as Tests, Assignments, Discussion Boards, and Journals
- Requires you to develop 3 weeks of a fully online course
Note: If you ever plan to teach a web blended or fully online course, sign up for this training.
How the Training Works
- Sign up for one of the training options using the appropriate form below.
Note: You will NOT receive a confirmation email.
- You will receive login instructions in your DMACC email by 4PM Central on the session start date.
entire Blackboard training course is completed online. Our
Instructional Designers are available by email, telephone, or in-person if you would like extra assistance.
- In order to successfully complete the training,
all required work must be completed by the end date listed for your session.
Summer 2017 Sessions - Blackboard 9 Training
(Grey text indicates that session is no longer available.)
Session 1 Online
Start: Tuesday, May 30
End: Tuesday, June 20 at 10AM CST
Session 2 Online
Start: Tuesday, June 27
End: Tuesday, July 18 at 10AM CST
Session 3 Online
Start: Friday, July 21
End: Friday, August 11 at 10AM CST
Summer 2017 Sessions - Web Enhanced Training
We will be scheduling Getting Started meetings on various DMACC campuses. Information coming soon!
If you would like to get started on your own, sign-up by filling out the
Web Enhanced Training Form.
If you have any questions about the Training, please contact one of the
Instructional Designers for Distance Learning.