among Iowa libraries was launched to assist students who may be living far from
campus due to the COVID-19 pandemic
This unprecedented cooperative project allows students to return DMACC library items by dropping them off at one of 37 participating library locations across Iowa.
Each library in the statewide network will accept items from the other participating libraries and return those items at no cost to the borrower.
The service will run through the end of the summer.
Libraries, the official library system of Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC), is participating
in an unprecedented cooperative project that allows students to return DMACC
library items by dropping them off at one of 37 participating libraries across
service was created to assist students who are currently attending community
colleges, colleges and universities throughout Iowa and may be living far from
the campus library where they borrowed items due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Each
library in the network will accept items from the other participating libraries
and return those items at no cost to the borrower. The service will continue
through the end of the summer.
is proud to be part of this unique statewide collaboration in support of
students, especially during these challenging times,” said Rebecca Funke,
Director of Library Resources at DMACC. “I would encourage all of our DMACC
students, near and far, to take advantage of this resource.”
drop-off locations can be found on this map and are listed below:
- AMES: Iowa State University Parks Library, 701 Morrill Road
- ANKENY: DMACC Ankeny Campus Library, 2006 S. Ankeny Blvd., Bldg. 6
- BETTENDORF: Scott Community College Library, 500 Belmont Road
- BOONE: DMACC Boone Campus Library, 1125 Hancock Drive
- CALMAR: Northeast Iowa Community College Library Student Center, 1625 Hwy. 150 S.
- CARROLL: DMACC Carroll Campus Library, 906 North Grant Road
- CEDAR FALLS: University of Northern Iowa Rod Library, 1227 W. 27th Street
- CEDAR RAPIDS: Kirkwood Community College Library, Benton Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SW
- CEDAR RAPIDS: Mount Mercy University Busse Library, 1330 Elmhurst Drive NE
- CLINTON: Clinton Community College Library, 1000 Lincoln Blvd.
- CORALVILLE: Coralville Public Library, 1401 5th Street
- CRESTON: Southwestern Community College Library, 1501 W. Townline Street
- DAVENPORT: Saint Ambrose University Library, 518 W. Locust Street
- DES MOINES: DMACC Urban Campus Library, 1100 7th Street, Bldg. 1
- DES MOINES: Drake University Cowles Library, 2725 University Avenue
- DES MOINES: Grand View University Library, 1350 Morton Avenue
- DES MOINES: Mercy College of Health Sciences Library, Sullivan Center, 928 6th Avenue
- DUBUQUE: Loras College Library, 1450 Alta Vista Street
- DUBUQUE: University of Dubuque Charles C. Myers Library, 2195 Grace Street
- GRINNELL: Grinnell College Library, 1111 6th Avenue
- INDIANOLA: Simpson College Dunn Library, 508 N. C Street
- IOWA CITY: Kirkwood Community College Library, 1816 Lower Muscatine Road
- IOWA CITY: University of Iowa Hardin Library, 600 Newtown Road
- IOWA CITY: University of Iowa Main Library, 125 W. Washington Street
- KEOKUK: Southeastern Community College Fred Karre Memorial Library, 335 Messenger Road
- MOUNT VERNON: Cornell College Cole Library, 320 3rd Street SW
- MUSCATINE: Muscatine Community College Library, 152 Colorado Street
- NORTH LIBERTY: North Liberty Public Library, 520 W. Cherry Street
- ORANGE CITY: Northwestern College DeWitt Library, 101 7th Street SW
- OSKALOOSA: William Penn University Wilcox Library, 201 Trueblood Avenue
- OTTUMWA: Indian Hills Community College Library, 525 Grandview Avenue
- PEOSTA: Northeast Iowa Community College Library, 8342 NICC Drive
- SIOUX CENTER: Dordt University Hulst Library, 700 7th Street NE
- SIOUX CITY: Briar Cliff University Bishop Mueller Library, 3303 Rebecca Street
- SIOUX CITY: Morningside College Library, 1501 Morningside Avenue
- WATERLOO: Hawkeye Community College Library, Main Campus, 1501 East Orange Road
- WAVERLY: Wartburg College Vogel Library, 100 Wartburg Blvd.
information or with any questions regarding this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional contact: Rebecca Funke, DMACC Director of Library Services, email@example.com