Digital Classroom made possible by $97,000 grant from Facebook
DMACC, the largest undergraduate college in Iowa, and Facebook will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony and demonstration to celebrate a new digital classroom located on the College’s Ankeny Campus.
The following representatives will participate in the ribbon cutting:
- Rob Denson, DMACC President
- Will Castleberry, Facebook Vice President for State and Local Policy
Wednesday, January 22, 3 p.m.
The Digital Classroom is designed to support synchronized online learning and was funded through a $97,000 grant from Facebook. The classroom technology includes a digital camera that follows instructors as they teach, as well as cameras and ceiling microphones to capture the discussions of individuals throughout the room.
Facebook will continue to support DMACC through digital marketing sponsorships (credit and non-credit) totaling $144,000.
DMACC Ankeny Campus - Building 23
Facebook Digital Classroom, Room 110
2006 South Ankeny Blvd., Ankeny, IA
Attendees should park in the lots located outside of Bldg. 23 or Bldg. 7. Enter through the west-facing doors of Bldg. 23. To view a campus map, visit www.dmacc.edu/ankeny/maps.
The new digital classroom will:
- Provide greater accessibility for Iowa students, in both rural and urban areas, as well as reach students across the United States and beyond
- Foster a more collaborative experience between on-campus and online students
- Support intercampus programs with live, synchronized instruction
- Continue to provide cost-effective, best-in-class instruction