The following authorization forms are used to pay adjunct/faculty instructors:
Approvals will require the Provost/Dean's signature.
Complete instructions and procedures can be found in the Hiring and Payroll Procedures for Adjunct and Overload Pay for Regular Instructors manual and the ECH Load Policy, which is included in this section. More information is found in the following Human Resources procedures:
- HR 3112 - Adjunct, Temporary and Student Employment Restrictions
- HR 3125 - Hiring Process for Adjunct, Temporary and Student Employees
See the Temporary, Adjunct and Student Pay Rate Schedule for the current pay rate.
Adjunct instructor wages should be charged to the following account numbers:
- 5211 (Fall term)
- 5212 (Spring term)
- 5213 (Summer term)
- 5210 (multi-term or not associated with a term)
- 5220 Overload pay
- 5230 Substitute pay
Most adjunct employees are not eligible for IPERS or TIAA-CREF retirement plans except where noted below for hourly Noncredit Instructors.
Most adjunct employees are not
eligible for unemployment benefits except where noted below for hourly Noncredit Instructors.
Non-Credit Instructor Input Form
- This form is used to authorize work for instructors who teach in open labs or other areas which do not have course numbers assigned.
- Non-Credit instructors are paid on an hourly basis and include AAC, ESL, ABE, GED, counselors and librarians.
- A record of hours worked is required for payment.
- Employees are automatically eligible to participate in either the IPERS or TIAA-CREF retirement plans.
- If work ceases, employees may be eligible for unemployment benefits.
Instructor Load Sheet
This form is used to authorize payment for instructors who teach credit courses and 600 level non-credit courses.
Instructor Pay Form
This form is used to authorize payment for instructors who teach non-credit 500, 700 and 900 level courses.
Instructor Substitute Pay Form
This form is used to authorize payment for substitute instructors.
Overload Pay Authorization Form
This form is used to authorize payment for full-time instructors who have exceeded a full load.
Contract for Directed Study
This form is used to authorize payment for directed study.
Contract for Independent Study
This form is used to authorize payment for independent study.