Admission Requirements *
A. Students enrolling from high school (based on high school performance)
- Submit proof of an ACT composite score of 26 or equivalent SAT, ACCUPLACER®, TOEFL or other standardized test scores
- Show a high school cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5 (weighted or non-weighted) on transcript
- Complete an online application essay
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher (Home-schooled students: submit a recommendation from a co-op teacher other than a parent--may be from a pastor or other community member)
B. Students enrolling from college (based on college performance)
- Complete nine (9) college credits (course level 100 or higher or equivalent transfer) at any accredited college, earning a cumulative G.P.A of 3.5
- Complete one college math and one college English class (course level 100 or higher or equivalent transfer)
- Complete an application essay
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a college professor
Students accepted into the honors program may graduate with honors by completing 13 credits of honors, which must include HON 100 and HON 200.
*The Director of Honors may waive some of the criteria in extenuating circumstances
- Maintain a cumulative 3.5 G.P.A. and remain in good academic standing.
- Move to honors probation for one semester if term G.P.A. falls below 3.5
- Regain entry into Program if G.P.A. is restored the subsequent semester; if not, may reapply for admission when restored or appeal the suspension to remain in the Program by writing a letter to the Director of Honors at
email@example.com, explaining why you should be allowed to remain in the Program.