NEW Summer 2020
The Honors Are Yours - ALL ONLINE
- Thrive on challenge and accelerated learning?
- Driven by success and achievement?
- Like going to class when and where it works for you?
- Want a financial reward for good grades?
Then become one of the first Honors Programs students to take advantage of DMACC's totally online Honors Program.
6 Course Options
With this new program, kicking off this summer, you can take 1 of 6 online Honors courses:
Each 3-credit course is:
- Completely online
- Available 24/7
- Accelerated - 8 weeks only
- Small - limited to 12 students
Plus, if you earn a B or above, we
- Waive tuition for HON 100 and HON 200
Reimburse you for up to 3 credits of tuition each semester for the other 4 courses
We won’t lie. An online Honors class is a lot of work. But, with our online Honors Program, you won’t need to complete an extra project (required by traditional Honors courses). Each online course automatically includes an Honors-level deep dive into the course subject.
Best of all, our online Honors Program gives you another way to excel, demonstrate your ability to succeed, and open more doors for you in the future.
Online Honors is a great opportunity. But hurry! Space is limited. Apply by:
The application deadline to apply for Summer 2020 is Thursday, April 30
The application deadline to apply for Fall 2020 is Wednesday, July 29
To enroll in one of DMACC's online Honors courses:
Apply for DMACC's Honors Program
Double check you qualify for the program.
If you're entering from high school, we'll need an official copy of your high school transcript.
Compose an essay of approximately 800 words describing yourself and why the honors program is a good fit for you. Explain a research, leadership, or volunteer experience that demonstrates your leadership initiatives.
Ask a professor to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
Submit your application by the due date.
The review process takes a few weeks. Once a decision has been made, you will be notified via email.
High School Students - Online Honors is for You, Too!
- Enter college with more credit, maybe with an Associate degree in your pocket
- Cut your costs for college
- Jumpstart your future
To enroll in an online Honors course as a high school student:
- Apply to DMACC's Honors Program
- Show a high school cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5 (weighted or non-weighted) on transcript.
- Complete an online application essay.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher. (Home-schooled students: submit a recommendation from a co-op teacher other than a parent--may be from a pastor or other community member.)
- Submit your application by the due date.
If you take a course this summer, you complete the course online at a place or time of your choosing. You pay tuition up front but get reimbursed when your grade is a B or higher.
If you take a course in the fall, you pay nothing, but you need to go to a DMACC location to complete it.
Scholarships Available for Online Honors!
The Valedictorian Scholarship for high school valedictorians, DMACC’s most prestigious academic scholarship, pays 100% of tuition for two years, plus a $500-per-year stipend for books and supplies. Total value over two years at DMACC: nearly $10,000.
DMACC Honors Scholarship, for students in the Honors Program, rewards high achievement and helps students get ready to enter the workforce or go on to a four-year college or university.