In order to maximize course selection and book availability for students, the following deadlines for DMACC PSEO registration for the 2017/2018 school year have been put into place:
Fall 2017 Term - July 14, 2017
Spring 2018 Term - November 17, 2017
*No late registrations will be accepted after these dates.
Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
In 2016, legislation revised Iowa Code chapter 261 E (Senior Year Plus). This revision affects the eligibility of community college courses for Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) where concurrent enrollment agreements are in place.
If your school district has a concurrent enrollment agreement with DMACC, students will not be eligible to take courses at DMACC under PSEO. Please contact your school district if you would like to discuss Senior Year Plus guidelines and DMACC enrollment opportunities.
Post Secondary Enrollment Act (PSEO)
- PSEO is available to Iowa high school students in 11th and 12th grade. Students in 9th and 10th grade may also be eligible. Contact your high school counselor for eligibility criteria.
- Home schooled students may be eligible if they are dual enrolled. Contact the high school counselor in the district in which you reside.
- PSEO enrollment is offered during the Fall and Spring terms.
- Students may enroll in 11 DMACC credits or less each semester.
- Students are not permitted to enroll in a PSEO class if a comparable class is offered at their high school.
- Students may enroll in college level classes only.
- Students must work closely with their high school counselor regarding course selection.
- Students must discuss course fees and financial responsibilities with their high school counselor.
- Enrollment is subject to course availability and student eligibility.
- All students, including homeschooled students, who register on the web, over the phone, by fax, or in person will be charged full tuition and forego receiving any PSEO benefits. All PSEO registrations and drop/adds must be reviewed and submitted by your high school counselor.
- Students will earn college credit which will impact their high school and college transcripts. GPA, class rankings and eligibility for extra curricular activities will be impacted by taking DMACC classes through PSEO.
The PSEO registration deadlines for the 2017/2018 school year are:
July 14, 2017 for the Fall 2017 term
November 17, 2017 for the Spring 2018 term
No late registrations will be accepted after these dates.
Instructions for Students
Students must meet with their high school counselor to discuss the PSEO program. Using the DMACC Schedule of Courses students will select the classes they want to take.
There are 3 ways to access the Schedule of Courses:
- Go to the DMACC website at: http://www.dmacc.edu/
- Select (lower right corner)
- Select Web Info System (under Students)
- A security alert may display within the gray box. Click "OK" to continue
- Enter your DMACC ID & PIN
- For DMACC ID and PIN assistance call 1-800-362-2127 ext.7300 or (515) 965-7300 or email@example.com
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Registration
- Select Term
- Select Look up Classes
If you need assistance with Web Information System Login contact DMACC Tech Support at 1-800-362-2127 ext. 7300 or (515) 965-7300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All PSEO registrations and drop/adds must be reviewed and submitted by your high school counselor. Students that register via the web, over the phone, by fax or in person will be charged full tuition.
The following paperwork is required and can be obtained from your high school counselor:
- Notice of Student Registration
- Payment and Participation Agreement
- CRN numbers are required.
- Student and authorized school official signatures are required. If a student is under 18 years of age then a parent/guardian signature is also required.
- Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- Late registrations will not be processed.
DMACC will send your books to your high school counselor. Check with your high school counselor about picking up your books.
Please do not try to pick up your textbooks at a DMACC bookstore. You will be charged for the cost of the materials.
Confirmation of your enrollment will be sent to your high school counselor.
Go to class & do your best! Your PSEO class will be a part of your permanent academic record.