Welcome to the new home for Des Moines Area Community College Higher Education Association's documents and member information. DMACCHEA was established on September 20, 1982.
Purpose of DMACC HEA
- To work for the welfare of students, the advancement of education and the improvement of instructional opportunities for all.
- To develop and promote the adoption of such ethical practices, personnel policies, and standards of preparation and participation as mark a profession.
- To create in the community a more profound interest in and understanding of educational matters and to seek solutions to community problems relative to the college.
- To improve the professional, economic, social and civic status of its members.
- To support and strengthen local, state, and national education associations through participation and understanding of the programs and needs. To represent appropriate employees of DMACC.
- To work for the improvement of conditions and to seek solutions to community problems relating to institutions of higher education.
Please use the following information to contact members of the Association's Executive Board:
To join DMACCHEA, contact Julie Simanski, membership chair, at (515) 964-6526,