Thank you for your interest in the DMACC Foundation Entrepreneurship Competition.
It is necessary to complete the application in a single session, as the form cannot be saved and reopened at a later time. Applicants are encouraged to
compose and edit (including spell check, grammar, punctuation, and word count) their information in a Microsoft Word document prior to beginning the online form, so the text can be pasted into the space provided; typing the information into the text box may cause the application to time out and the applicant will need to start over.
The application contains the following questions:
- Phone Number
- Alternate Phone
- E-mail Address
- Alternate E-mail Address
- DMACC Graduate? Yes/No
- Year Graduated
- Program of Study
- Current DMACC Student? Yes/No
- I have taken 12 or more credit hours at DMACC: Yes/No
- I took classes in the following year(s)
- Name of Business
- Business Address
- What best describes your business?
- Formed But Not Active?
- Please explain why your business is not active
- Net yet formed?
- Is the business registered with the State of Iowa? Yes/No
- Business Number Provided by the Iowa Secretary of State
- Number of Employees
- What is the business's mission?
- What is the vision of the business?
- Please describe the purpose, products and/or services the business provides?
- Why did you start the business?
- Describe the target audience (who uses the products or services).
- Why is the business unique? Describe a specific niche or problem the business solves. How does the business stand out from the crowd?
- What is the unique selling point of the business?
- How does or would the business benefit the State of Iowa?
- How did your education at DMACC prepare you for this business? Why did you choose to attend DMACC and how did your DMACC education prepare you to be an entrepreneur?
- How will you use the $10,000 to accelerate the growth of your business?
- Why are you the best candidate to win the DMACC Foundation Entrepreneurship Competition?