Top 10 Tips
- Complete your FAFSA early (by April 1st) for priority processing. The DMACC Title IV code is 004589.
- Keep copies of all Financial Aid documents (sent and received) in a designated file.
- Include your name and social security number on all documents.
- Return documents in a timely manner. The sooner we receive them, the sooner we process them. Keep in mind copies are best; originals may be lost or destroyed.
- You can check your Financial Aid status at www.dmacc.edu or call the Financial Aid office at (515) 964-6282 or 1-800-362-2127 (option 1, then 3).
- Complete documents thoroughly. More information is better than too little.
- Send all Financial Aid documents and correspondence to:
Des Moines Area Community College
Attention: Financial Aid Office, Building 1
2006 S. Ankeny Blvd.
Ankeny, IA 50023-8995
FAX # (515) 965-7124 (everything but Promissory Notes)
- Update changes (in writing) with Student Records and Financial Aid. Changes may include, but are not limited to: name, address, phone number, Program of Study, and/or number of credits you are taking. These changes need to be made as soon as possible to insure timely processing of your Financial Aid.
- Be aware of Important Dates for students (i.e. date tuition and fees are due, last day to drop, etc.). These may also affect your Financial Aid.
AND THE NUMBER 1 HINT IS:
READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY !!
© 2016 Des Moines Area Community College