Federal regulations require ALL BORROWERS at Des Moines Area Community College to attend loan exit counseling session when they are either graduating, leaving school permanently, or do not intend to attend any school again for at least six (6) months or more.
You may satisfy this requirement on the Federal Student Aid website.
- You will need to log in using your Federal Student Aid information. You then must read through the information and complete the short quiz.
- After you submit your quiz, a summary of your quiz results will be posted.
- Read through your results and click the PROCEED button at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the process by following the on-screen instructions and remember to click the PROCEED button afterwards.
- Finally, click the SHOW PAGE FOR PRINTING button.
- You will need to print out the final page, sign that page (anywhere on the bottom), and return to the Financial Aid Office at your campus.
If you do not pass at least 12 of the 15 questions correctly, you can attempt the test three times. If you do not pass the quiz (a different set of questions each time), then you will visit the Financial Aid Office of the campus you attend to complete an Exit Counseling Booklet.
An Exit Counseling Booklet will be available on each campus for students without Internet access. You will need to complete, sign, and date the Borrower Information & Rights and Responsibilities Summary Checklist form included in the booklet.