Federal Student Loan Borrowers,
Federal regulations require all first-time borrowers at Des Moines Area Community College complete loan entrance counseling. Therefore, you must complete federal loan entrance counseling regardless whether or not you have had loans in the past at other institutions. To satisfy this requirement follow and complete the steps outlined below.
Steps for Federal Direct Entrance Counseling
- Go to https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
- Sign-In using your Federal Student Aid PIN
- If you have forgotten your PIN, you will be directed to the U.S. Department of Education PIN site at www.PIN.ed.gov
- Sign-In complete, you will see, "Welcome to StudentLoans.gov" click on Complete Entrance Counseling.
- What to Do:
- Read the content and answer the questions
- You will need about 30 minutes to complete the counseling session
- Read the Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities and
- Print the Counseling Completion Verification page for your records.
After you complete the tutorial and quiz, DMACC's Financial Aid Office will receive an electronic confirmation from the U.S. Department of Education that you successfully completed the Entrance Counseling Quiz.