Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a virtual appointment or call us at (515) 964-6234.
Welcome to the Disability Services Office website. Browse this website to learn more about Disability Services at DMACC.
Services and resources include:
- Accommodations for students with disabilities
- Information and referral to other agencies, such as Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services and Department of Human Services
- DMACC Counseling/advising services
- Disability Services Orientation for new students
- Individual orientations covering physical access and early registration
- Academic success workshops
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Definitions for Service Eligibility
The ADA defines a person with a disability as a person who:
- has a (1)physical or mental impairment which (2)substantially limits one or more major life activities;
- has a record of such an impairment; or
- is regarded as having such impairment.
Otherwise Qualified Applicant for Admission or Student with a Disability is a person who is qualified for receipt of educational opportunities, public adult educational services or other services, in that he or she satisfies, with or without reasonable accommodation, all of the academic and technical standards, essential eligibility requirements and other applicable educational related selection criteria.
Web Accessibility Statement
Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) is committed to providing accessible websites and accessible online platforms, including Blackboard™. DMACC staff and faculty work to comply with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act, level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The DMACC website pages are assessed through an ongoing process by a W3C compliant validation product, SiteImprove™, to monitor compliance with WCAG guidelines.
Digital and Web based content accessibility standards will apply to DMACC and vendor generated digital and web based content and platforms, including, but not limited to, websites (both DMACC and any licensed websites), learning management systems, course content (publisher and instructor generated and purchased), student information systems, and digital and web based media.
DMACC Disability Services Office
2006 S. Ankeny Blvd, Building 6, Room 10B
Ankeny, IA 50023